Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG jerky take off (outside of warranty)  (Read 13414 times)

Offline hercules78

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: DSG jerky take off (outside of warranty)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 01:50:50 pm »
Thanks for sharing.  Good luck on Tuesday and let me know how it goes.  If you get some success then I may just part with some cash and take out the warranty.

Got mine going in to VW next week for a DSG reset and restore - they seem to think this will do the trick, or at least that I should rule it out first.  Fortunately I haven't had the flashing on the dash yet, so Im hoping its got a while yet.  Got a VW mechanic to take it out last week and he said he did notice a slight jerk on take off but said other than that it drives pretty well considering its done 90k. 

Fingers crossed for you mate

Offline h45gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Re: DSG jerky take off (outside of warranty)
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 06:28:38 pm »
tbh ive got a garage to perform dsg reset/ calib or whatever you call it and it does work but its like a temporary fix, its also something to do with the temperature level ive noticed and read on various different forums and read a lot of it online, but the common faults dsg faults get worse, it did with mine, got the garage to do a dsg service, they filled it up with the dsg oil and other bits associated with a dsg service and it was perfectly fine for a month or two but then the symptons came back, A1 Transmission is currently still dealing with mine, they called me and have ordered a new mech unit from Germany which is programmed also, so waiting for them to tell me when its here ( they said around 7 days for it to arrive :popcornsoda: ) once they've put the new unit in, they gonna do more testing to see if it has resolved it, im pretty confident now that having a new mech unit should resolve it :), once I get an update or when I get the car back ill post here to let you know :)

UPDATE:

so my car is back now, long story short, wow car feels a lot better now, not jerky at all!, smooth gear changes happy bunny, noticed one thing though, drivers side mirror looks like its been replaced :confused: :confused:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:30:12 am by h45gti »

VW Golf GTI 57reg