Make a donation

Author Topic: Photoshop request  (Read 937 times)

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
Photoshop request
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:09:44 pm »
Hi, I've been looking at these BBS CK's and the person has agreed to do a swap with me with my current wheels (Vw Bilbao). I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how they would look on my car without lowering it? I'm not going down the lowering route because of several reasons hence I was wondering if some kind soul on this forum could photoshop a picture for me. I've tried to get two of the best possible pictures of the car and wheels so it's easiest for the person who decides to help me out. Thank you so much in advance!  :drinking:

Aye, that wan.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Re: Photoshop request
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:15:09 pm »
Forgive me for the big brakes behind them but used another image and just used same wheel for both to be quick
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:35:15 pm by CarlW »

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:16:49 pm »
Just imagine how good it would look lowered  :wink:

And with those big brakes  :drool:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:26:48 pm »
Just messed with it while it was open in Photoshop.. Its unbelievable how much difference it makes when its lowered  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:33:46 pm by CarlW »

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:10:40 pm »
Hi, I've been looking at these BBS CK's and the person has agreed to do a swap with me with my current wheels (Vw Bilbao). I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how they would look on my car without lowering it? I'm not going down the lowering route because of several reasons hence I was wondering if some kind soul on this forum could photoshop a picture for me. I've tried to get two of the best possible pictures of the car and wheels so it's easiest for the person who decides to help me out. Thank you so much in advance!  :drinking:

Just my own opinion on wheels like the CK on standard suspension (your view is likely to be different), but, I don't think OEM+ wheels like that, with a 35/40 profile tyre on 19"s really work on standard suspension in most cases. This is partly because the MK6 too I think is quite a big looking car and drowns it's wheels out a bit in proportional terms - 19x8.5J BBS CK work quite well.

I thought long and hard before putting my 18x8 BBS CK on my A3 (I'd only seen 19" CK's done and it works well) but mine look fine with my AP coilovers sitting just about on the top of the tyres (next to the arch) with no rubbing. I run 225/40/18 tyres.

I wouldn't want you to spend £1000 on a set of wheels with no suspension changes and not really like the look or get the feedback you're looking for  :happy2:

Obviously you can trawl through pictures of OEM wheels on the Mk6 on standard suspension and be more sure of a change or purchase.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:01:32 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:23:45 pm »
Got any visuals of your car with the wheels and ride height at all buddy?

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:26:55 pm »
Cheers for the feedback guys, thank you so much for giving it a shot CarlW. I wish I had photoshop skills to do it myself instead I'm sitting here relying on someone like you. Definitely gives me a clearer idea of how they'll look on the car.  :congrats:

I do agree the lowering of the suspension will make the car look 100x better than it would without lowering the suspension at all. The MK6 is definitely a wider car than the MK5 because when it's parked next to the mums MK5 5-door, it does look nearly the same size as it. I've wanted to lower it ever since it was bought but due to funds I can't afford to. Another reason being, due to my parents putting in a substantial amount into the car, my dad doesn't want to touch the suspension of the car especially with it being a first car. I know it sounds really childish and 'spoilt brat' like but it's true. I even think my current wheels would look wicked if the car was lowered with it having the 255/35/18 tyres on it, very low profile. They do look very odd with the low profile and huge arch gap. It's an eyesore if I'm honest. The person is only wanting £500 to buy them straight from her but due to lack of space, I asked her if she considered a swap with some interlagos we had in the garage and she's agreed. See what she says tomorrow and if something changes, I'll leave them. I think the CK's are needing new tyres in a few months too which will need to be considered if a swap is done.  :drinking:
Aye, that wan.

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 11:28:25 pm »
This is what I have currently

:confused:
Aye, that wan.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 12:26:51 am »

BTW that looks sweet, IMO better than the one with BBS's

OEM FTW.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 12:54:49 am »
If you don't/can't lower the car on coilovers, springs may be a more appealable option.. Won't lower your car a great deal to a massively noticeable point like coilovers (great if you want to hide the fact from your mam and dad) but it will lower it and look better and probably a small advantage in cornering.. Its another option but ultimately its your decision.. :happy2:

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 12:56:37 am »
Cheers for the feedback guys, thank you so much for giving it a shot CarlW. I wish I had photoshop skills to do it myself instead I'm sitting here relying on someone like you. Definitely gives me a clearer idea of how they'll look on the car. 

Pleasure to help if i can :innocent: :happy2:

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 01:29:11 am »
Interesting point regarding the springs that Carl. So I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things but I have saw some OEM springs from a MK6 GTI for sale rather cheap. As my car is a 1.4S MK6 it's quite high naturally. Will I need to change the shocks if I change to these springs? Also, will anything else need to be changed as well or can I straight swap the springs to my car? Thanks.
Aye, that wan.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 02:05:15 am »
As far as I'm aware you could just swap the springs alone.. some people who have chosen the spring route on the MK5/6's say the shocks are fine when springs have been changed and the odd one might say that the shocks lasted how ever long so don't just take my word for it.. if i was you i'd search for MK6 owners specifically as their going to be the ones that have possibly changed springs and find out from them just to be on the extra safe side :happy2:

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 02:08:40 am »
Also i forgot to mention.. when you mentioned GTI springs.. I'm not sure a MK6 GTI's springs will go onto your shocks to replace your springs as they may run different size struts like the MK5's.. not sure if the size of the strut effects the springs at all but its something for you to look into if your choosing to go down the route of a spring change

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »

That looks absolutely fine, quite tasteful actually for a chrome look wheel. I've seen those on the odd MK6 but they're fairly rare.

In your position, I wouldn't even considering changing the wheels or suspension given what you've said. If you are, you'd have to go the whole hog to get it looking as you'd want I think i.e. nice set of springs/coilovers, wheels, spacers, right tyres etc etc etc.... It becomes a pricey package with three zero's on and this forum isn't going to help you save money in those areas once you've started  :laugh: :grin: :evilgrin:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door