Make a donation

Author Topic: Quick Detailer Sprays  (Read 7460 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Quick Detailer Sprays
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:47 am »
Well I have come to love these sprays, as I find they really do a great job in between washes. They are so quick and easy to use if your car is well waxed. Its no chore at all, and I find myself giving the car a once-over, more and more often. I am sure the neighbors think I have OCD.  :jumping:
I have been using Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer Spray and the results have been great. (and it smells lurvley)  :wink:

I was going to try the Dodo Juice Red Mist next, but I have just seen this  Mega Huge Bargain Bottle of Megs Last Touch Detailer on eBay, and well, it looks a real ....bargain! Its nearly 4lts and can be diluted 1:1 so you will get double for £19. :jumpmove:

What do you guy's use? Anyone use this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meguiars-Last-Touch-Spray-Detailer-Drying-Aid_W0QQitemZ180314754632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item29fb98ce48

Any other Recommendations? Its a good price :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Quick Detailer Sprays
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:49 am »
Not a fan of the red mist at all as it's hard work for a QD! You may be ok with a silver car but you have to ensure you remove any excess as dust/salt etc will stick to it! I ended up with a car covered in salt earlier in the year after using this stuff the day before.

If you like stuff that smells good try the Chemical Guys pink QD, smells like strawberry milshake, is easy to work with and gives superb results!  :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:48:05 am »
i use Last touch Monte, its a good value buy and can be diluted really well.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:16:29 am »
Not a fan of the red mist at all as it's hard work for a QD! You may be ok with a silver car but you have to ensure you remove any excess as dust/salt etc will stick to it! I ended up with a car covered in salt earlier in the year after using this stuff the day before.

If you like stuff that smells good try the Chemical Guys pink QD, smells like strawberry milshake, is easy to work with and gives superb results!  :happy2:

mmmmm strawberry milkshake  :drool: I am gonna have to try this too now!

Great stuff! I will definitely try this Last touch stuff. If you use it JPC, it must be good  :happy2:  (nice to meet you and the others last sat mate).

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:51:28 am »
ive never use QD's before

so is this something you use between washes without water?  :confused:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:18:06 pm »
I use the Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer Spray too  :happy2: , works great , just wash car and QD spray  :notworthy:

@ Jay , should I use something else??
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:19:05 pm »

Yes mate, I am finding that 5-10 mins every 2 days with the quick detailer spray and my car is always sparkly clean :happy2: Its really easy too. Spray on (doing a panel at a time) wipe off with clean micro-fibre then buff with another clean micro-fibre, then on to next panel. If your car is waxed, it is so easy.

Hardly ever wash my car now  :smiley:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »

I would always wash my car first, maybe not as important with a white/silver.

It's a good top up to the wax that is already there rather than a product to clean!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »

I use Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer but only to 'touch up' local bird poo or stains. Otherwise I handwash the whole car - Easier since applying 3 coats of Zaino.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 02:02:21 pm »

mmmmm strawberry milkshake  :drool: I am gonna have to try this too now!

Great stuff! I will definitely try this Last touch stuff. If you use it JPC, it must be good  :happy2:  (nice to meet you and the others last sat mate).

no worries mate, was nice to meet you too.

No No No. Dont use it as a substitute to washing. I mainly use it for lubrication for claying. But it can be used to remove water marks on a freshly washed car. It has a multitude of uses for someone like me. i would typically use about a bottles worth when doing a full correction on a customers car.

Some like to QD their car whilst still wet (after washing and not wiping) then rinse the car down as this helps with water sheeting off the car.

Some also like to spray and wipe with their QD.

I use the Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer Spray too  :happy2: , works great , just wash car and QD spray  :notworthy:

@ Jay , should I use something else??

Do you wash, dry spray and wipe?

i have used some ultimate detailer after Megs sent me some free.

It does seem quite rich. I doubt whether or not it will have a detrimental effect of the sealant so if you happy to spend on it, why not! ;)

I would always wash my car first, maybe not as important with a white/silver.

It's a good top up to the wax that is already there rather than a product to clean!  :happy2:

I know what you mean Nath when you say "topping up wax" A QD will make a finish feel softer etc

Topping up wax is a whole different ball game when it comes to sprays.

As a rule of thumb...a QD will do little to add to a protection of a car.

Some people use products that are aimed to be a spray on sealant as QD. This isnt the best thing to be doing. Some sealants contain solvents to flatten out the sealant and create an even finish, but these can affect the underlying wax/sealant coating.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 03:50:31 pm »
I know where your coming from Jay, but after using the QD I use the car does give off a better shine and beads far better.  :happy2:

I just happen to have found a combination that suits me and the paintwork on my car (Dodo Juice Supernatural and Chemical Guys QD)  :wink:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:52:17 pm »
I know CG's Qd is fine for what your doing with it nath. Shouldnt affect any protection. And yep..it does make it feel silky smooth and beads better :)

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 04:06:01 pm »
I wouldn't use the QD if the car was dirty, but i have been using it instead of washing the car :ashamed: so this is a no,no? I am sure it said it could be used as a waterless car wash on light grime  :scared:  Suppose i'd better be giving the car a quick wash first.
What sort of shampoo would you recommend Jay? I have been trying to use up the litre of AG Bodywork Shampoo/conditioner. Its ok and its wax friendly but i would like something with more suds. I don't use a pressure washer though, just by hand!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 04:24:56 pm »
To be honest, im not one for touching the paint on a car unless it has been properly washed, i hate taking anything off the paint without using snowfoam and a pressure washer. I very rarely do this.

I wouldnt want to be taking dust off the car with a QD and microfibre. but that might just be me being a perfectionist. Id rather leave my car dusty than chance marring the paintwork. On your silver car, youd probably get away with it but i wouldnt on my black.

My favourite Shampoo is Chemical Guys Extreme wash n wax. But at the moment im using up some Meguiars Hyperwash, which again is good.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 08:01:47 pm »
agree with Jay and Greenouse , would never dream of using QD without washing the car first.....
Megs QD doesnt seem to have effected the sealant Jay, should I use something else?

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD