Make a donation

Author Topic: Stolen parts gang jailed  (Read 2063 times)

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
Stolen parts gang jailed
« on: May 15, 2014, 07:35:19 am »
Food for thought this! Wonder how many people think about where they get their parts on eBay from! Good job West Mids police.

Brazen car crook jailed as police smash theft racket

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on google_plusone_shareShare on emailMore Sharing Services
Tuesday 13 May 2014

An arrogant crook who taunted police with his sports car’s personalised plate S20LUN − doctored to mirror the word ‘stolen’ − has been jailed after West Midlands Police smashed his car theft racket.

Cocky Shanwaz Khan came to the attention of police when his Audi RS4 − sporting the S20LUN plates − was spotted in convoy with a stolen Mercedes driving through Birmingham in March 2012.

Detectives probed Khan’s dealings for six months and uncovered information indicating he was behind a ring that stole cars to order before shipping parts abroad.

And on 15 October when police raided his Erdington home, plus lock-ups he rented, they found an array of ‘chopped up’ cars stolen from across the West Midlands region.

In total officers linked the 30-year-old − plus brother Wajid Khan, cousin Seyed Khan and fellow conspirators Ross and Matthew Dunham − to more than 80 vehicles stolen during 2012 and collectively valued at £1.1-million.

Many of the vehicles were stolen from driveways after car-key burglaries but several of their victims were pulled from their cars during violent car-jackings.

And upwards of 3,000 parts stripped from the cars were sold on to unwitting internet buyers via an eBay accaount operated by the Khans.

Shanwaz Khan, from Marsh Lane, admitted conspiracy to commit burglary and handle stolen goods and at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday was jailed for seven years.

Wajid Khan (24), from Brookvale Road in Erdington, and 32-year-old Seyed Khan from Marsh Lane, admitted conspiracy to handle stolen goods and were both sentenced to 30 months behind bars.

Ross (21) and 24-year-old Matthew Dunham − both from Charter Avenue in Canley, Coventry − were jailed for five years and 39 months respectively after admitting conspiracy to burgle.

Investigating officer, Detective Constable Mo Azir, said: “We meticulously pieced together their network of premises and, when officers raided one unit in Aston, we found an Aladdin’s cave of stolen cars and parts. Many of these were high-value luxury cars that had been brutishly ’chopped’ up, whilst another premises in the city centre was used exclusively to store engines ripped from the stolen cars.

“The scale of their criminal operation was vast and they showed a complete disregard to the trail of destruction and misery left behind to victims of these offences.

“The brazen attitude of Shanwaz Khan was typified by his personalised number plate; this was a clear jibe at the authorities and he believed his underground theft racket was going unnoticed. The joke is on him now, though, as he starts a long prison term."

The gang were linked to 82 vehicle thefts during 2012 − all but 17 in the West Midlands − with Audis and BMWs their favoured marques.

They included a petrol station car-jacking on the night of 29 August, at the Total garage in Kingsbury Road, Erdington, when a man was dragged from behind the wheel of his £25,000 Ford Focus ST.

In the early hours of 27 April they stole two Mercedes C-Class from a driveway in Grovefield Crescent, Balsall Common, having grabbed keys during a break-in, and late on 11 June they drove off in a Seat Leon from outside a house in Coventry’s Standard Avenue.

However, the owner spotted her car being driven around Coventry on false plates the next day and later picked Matthew Dunham out as the driver during an ID procedure.

Shanwaz Khan stripped down cars and stored parts at industrial units in Cheston Road, Nechells − pictured − Northfield Road in Dudley; Kings Industrial Estate, Tipton; and Orphanage Road in Erdington.

He also rented space at City Self Storage, in Curzon Street, Digbeth, to stash stolen engines before shipping many of them abroad.

Det Con Azir, added: “The premises were leased by the Khans using false names and documentation…many of the cars were stolen to order for engines which the Khans shipped out to the continent.

“All five are subject of on-going Proceeds of Crime Act investigations and we’ll look to seize any assets obtained through criminal activities."
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Stolen parts gang jailed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:40:53 am »

Absolute c*nts  :fighting:

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:47:12 am »
And that is why you have so many S3 lookalikes

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:14 am »
I'll buy the V-Power someone else can supply the matches.  :fighting:

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:03:29 pm »
The ar$eholes should get the electric chair

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 01:36:42 pm »
Us lot should never buy these parts unless the owner can 100% prove they are from a car that it not stolen or your buying from a breakers yard or even the owner of the car.The more people want these parts like rs4 seats the more tw8ts like this think they can make some fast easy money stealing them from cars or taking the whole car.This prick had a pure disregard for people and the law hence the licence plate  :fighting: should have got longer if you ask me and i hope police take all his money from him and do something good with it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:23:55 pm »
Got the matches ready. :fighting:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 02:38:50 pm »
Completely agree with the above. Some people choose not to question such things and quite possibly don't even consider where these parts came from aslong as its a good deal.

On another note, the last 3 digits LUN in panjabi translates to dick. Pretty good personal plate in this case!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »
Got the matches ready. :fighting:

Game on!

Get these worthless, parasitic spunk trumpets off the streets and convert them into charcoal.   :evilgrin:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 04:40:45 pm »
Absolute wankers!

Hope someone in prison makes them their bitch.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
Absolute wankers!

Hope someone in prison makes them their bitch.

+2...& they be sh:tting out of there mouths

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 09:31:14 pm »
They need putting with the bull - for all car crime!

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83445.0.html

Offline Red lupo gti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 10:05:18 pm »
Scum!!