Make a donation

Author Topic: ETKA help please  (Read 2220 times)

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 15
ETKA help please
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:41:56 pm »
This is regarding an ''interior ( auto dimming) rear view mirror'' , the full part number I have is 1K0 857 511 D 9b9, is there a difference between the B,D and E revisions as mine (the D revision) doesn't have external anti dazzle feature for door mirrors and I wondered if the B or E revisions list this as a feature? my old edition 30 had this feature so I can supply the VIN from that if someone would kindly help me out.
Cheers in advance

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: ETKA help please
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »
E is the superseded part to B so both will support exterior mirror anti dazzle, as you already know D does not

i had to change mine for a B version when i added dazzle to both outside mirrors
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:56:54 pm »
Top man, whats the cost of a new interior mirror, does it state a RRP please? So that's basically all I needed to know, cheers fella..... as you have already done yours can I ask if your wiring was already present from the door connector to the  door control module (pins 2 and 3 / green and blue) I seem to have them current so all I need to do is buy the drivers mirror glass for a MK6 (5k0 857 522 E Drivers) and now the 1K0 857 511 B/E interior mirror and then run wires from pins 4+5 to 2+3 on A pillar (vehicle side) and then add pins 16 to 1 on mirror glass and 8 to 2 respectively, does this sound about right?

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:20:25 pm »
mirror is approx 204 quid.

the wires were present in the driver door, honestly cant remember for passenger door sorry, your pretty spot on with all the wiring and pins

its PITA to get wires into the mirrors but doable ans possible with patience so good luck with it mate.

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:57:14 pm »
Cheers for the replies, how do you release the connector that the door wiring plug locates into? Lower A pillar(car side)
Its the one where the 000 979 020 male pins go into pin location 2+3.
I've made up wires already for both area's mentioned previously. Don't suppose you have any tips or advice on stuff that breaks or will prob need to be careful removing?

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 04:34:27 pm »
pull this rubber notch up here

this releases this clip inside here, then pull back gently

pull down on the orange lever, this will pull the plug from the door

then you need to remove the trim inside the car to get to the back of the socket, look this up on line

then push these 2 clips together and it will fall back inside the car for you to work on, fyi getting it back in can be a bitch if you don't have nimble hands, but perservre.

hope this helps