Make a donation

Author Topic: New guy from Bulgaria  (Read 834 times)

Offline Jooles

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
New guy from Bulgaria
« on: May 17, 2014, 08:37:16 am »
Hello!

I'm Julien, a French guy living in Bulgaria. I've always been more or less into VWs (my first car was a 69 beetle). I own a black magic Edition 30 I bought from new in 08/2007. I wanted a new, cheapish car with more than 200hp (I didn't want anything slower than my 185hp '92 Saab 900) and after looking at crap Opel Astra OPC and nice but bad looking Focus ST, I went to see the Golf, thinking it would be more expensive... It was cheaper than the others, better built, better looking. Perfection! Finally I love this car : it can to everything, from going to the supermarket to having fun on B-roads, it's fast (almost) enough, comfortable enough, not a common car at all here, though pretty subtle (I think there is only my ed30 in Bulgaria!). Well, it's all he car I need for now.

The car is now bone stock (except from the sound system), but I'm now willing to adress some issues from the car : the brakes (I plan to do a 996TT conversion on front / R32 conversion back) as the original ones are crap and I love to drive enthusiastically, and I burn my brakes very fast (I love twisty mountains roads, which are not easy on the brakes...), suspension (don't know which setup yet, I'll open a topic about this), and maybe then a remap (probably Revo stage 1 as I can source this easily from Greece, 1 hour from my place). I'll also make some othe modifications, which will all be in an OEM+ spirit (podi boost gauge on its way, I plan to put some BBS CH028 so the look rmain the same but the stance changes a little + it will clear the brakes) and some othe stuff like this... So I'll surely seek help from you !

Other interestests? Cars (I currently also own a '92 Saab 900 T16S and a restored '54 beetle which are in France), and MTB (mainly DH / freeride), though I don't have time to ride as much as I'd like (too much work  :fighting2:).

Julien

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: New guy from Bulgaria
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 08:50:16 am »
Welcome mate.  :happy2:

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:06:45 am »
You're very welcome.  Let's see some photos - VW and Saab!

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:22:53 pm »
Welcome mate, :worthless:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline pitsirikas

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »
Welcome Julien... :happy2:

The car is now bone stock

I just want to inform you that since you came here this situation will not last...... :wink:

Don't drive faster than your angel can fly..!
                Respect a man's car and the man will respect you

Offline Jooles

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 08:54:28 am »
Hi!

thanks a lot for your welcome, that's nice!

Pitsirikas, you're right, I think she will not remain stock for long. The plan is more or less settled... Brakes, suspensions, exhaust / induction and remapping  :happy2:

For those who wanted pics, here is the old girl, after the restoration and 3000km on a trailer

I didn't drove her more than 100km since then, in 2years, but this should change, as the restoration is now completed.

Unfortunately, I don't have pics of the Saab nor the Golf (well, I have some that are from before the delivery...)

Julien

Offline jocco

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »
Welcome Julien, where in Bulgaria do you live?

If I were you I'd try and get a remap from there locally rather then somewhere in Greece.

Everything is cheaper in Bulgaria including labor, and the Bulgarian tuning scene is growing rapidly so you should be able to locate a REVO delaer.

The greek probably have more experience in tuning, but the prices there for labor are crazy.

Offline Jooles

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 06:32:06 pm »
Hello Jocco!

I live in Kardjali, so the border is very close (30min) to my place. Official Revo tuners here are in Burgas and Varna, which are 4 to 6 hour from here, so not very practical for me. Moreover, I'd be afraid from a fast growing scene, especially here in Bulgaria : many people claim they can do something, but very few can indeed (I know it from experience with the beetle). If you know some experienced / good tuner here, let me know though!

Julien