Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone into quads  (Read 1780 times)

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Anyone into quads
« on: May 17, 2014, 08:11:39 pm »
Just wondered if anyone was into quads, i just bought a quadzilla x8 today and i'm having it delivered next week , wouldn't mind meeting up and maybe doing a bit of green laning ect.

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Anyone into quads
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:43:19 am »
I have Yamaha Yfz450R and a couple of friends have Yamaha Raptor 700's, based  SW London.

Enjoy your new toy, great time of year to pick one up  :drinking:

Couple of pictures from our adventures...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:27:27 pm by luckyGti »

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:03:45 am »
perfect bud, that looks like what i had in mind for the odd day out, i won't be as wick as yours but i'm sure it'll be ok for me, will get some pics up when it arrives. can't beleive the insurance on them, just got it fully comp through nfu for £137.00. chuffed to bits.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:04:28 am »
What sort of license do u need for these? Always wanted one
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:07:41 am »

Just a regular car license.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 10:09:18 am »

:happy2:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:12:02 am »
perfect bud, that looks like what i had in mind for the odd day out, i won't be as wick as yours but i'm sure it'll be ok for me, will get some pics up when it arrives. can't beleive the insurance on them, just got it fully comp through nfu for £137.00. chuffed to bits.

That's a great price for insurance, I'm 31 and I think I pay £350 third party, they wouldn't cover me fully comp for the first year. Road tax is legal robbery at £140 for me.

Get some pictures up, I bet you can't wait for it to land.  Try and motivate a few friends of yours to pick one up as it's great to go trailing with a few of you.

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 10:24:46 am »

:smiley: I definitely recommend to get one, stay away from carb quads unless you enjoy spending half the time in the garage trying to make it run right.

Ebay is probably the bet place to pick one up, Yamaha raptor 700's are bulletproof and need minimal maintenance, if you do go down that road make sure you go for the 700, which a starts from 2006-2014, nothing much has changed with the model from 06, just a revised front nose fairing.

The 450r's are the base bike for racing mx, lower centre of gravity, wider, requires more maintenance though, checking valve clearances etc.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 10:26:57 am »

:smiley: I definitely recommend to get one, stay away from carb quads unless you enjoy spending half the time in the garage trying to make it run right.

Ebay is probably the bet place to pick one up, Yamaha raptor 700's are bulletproof and need minimal maintenance, if you do go down that road make sure you go for the 700, which a starts from 2006-2014, nothing much has changed with the model from 06, just a revised front nose fairing.

The 450r's are the base bike for racing mx, lower centre of gravity, wider, requires more maintenance though, checking valve clearances etc.

Thanks for that mate. Won't be able to afford one for a while, but will get one some day. Already got a full face lid and goggles etc so just need a quad  :grin:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:04 am »

Thanks for that mate. Won't be able to afford one for a while, but will get one some day. Already got a full face lid and goggles etc so just need a quad  :grin:

:grin: you're half way there, if/when you to decide to pick one up, beat time of year is to pick one up after Christmas when owners are skint and want to cash out.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 10:51:55 am »

:grin: you're half way there, if/when you to decide to pick one up, beat time of year is to pick one up after Christmas when owners are skint and want to cash out.

Hahahah yeah that's always the case ;)

Into my mountain bikes and you always find right bargains around Xmas time!!!
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »

That's a great price for insurance, I'm 31 and I think I pay £350 third party, they wouldn't cover me fully comp for the first year. Road tax is legal robbery at £140 for me.

Get some pictures up, I bet you can't wait for it to land.  Try and motivate a few friends of yours to pick one up as it's great to go trailing with a few of you.
yeh that's what i thought. just got confirmation that it'll be with me for next weekend, so i'm buzzing now, time to go get a lid and a jacket, ebay here we come.