Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost Loss  (Read 1261 times)

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Boost Loss
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:24:51 pm »
Evening gents, I would like to pick your brains!

Replaced my DV valve tonight with a Forge item,  When removing the OEM DV valve I noticed a tear in it (which I see is a common problem), I was actually quite happy about this because the car hasnt been running right anyway.

So anyway I changed it for the forge and car ran really strong but then I suffered from a lack of power in the mid range and basically the turbo shut off im guessing because the car was going though the gears (its DSG).  If I stop and then carry on up throught the gears the power comes back but only sometimes.

Can anyone shead some light on this for me? Im guessing its a boost leak but how can I tell?

Thankyou Martin

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: Boost Loss
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:51:03 am »

Replaced my DV valve tonight with a Forge item,  When removing the OEM DV valve I noticed a tear in it (which I see is a common problem), I was actually quite happy about this because the car hasnt been running right anyway.

So anyway I changed it for the forge and car ran really strong but then I suffered from a lack of power in the mid range and basically the turbo shut off im guessing because the car was going though the gears (its DSG).  If I stop and then carry on up throught the gears the power comes back but only sometimes.

Can anyone shead some light on this for me? Im guessing its a boost leak but how can I tell?

Thankyou Martin

ive had this kind of thing! it can be 1 or 2 things that can cause it. Either you have mounted your DV sideways and not in the correct holes, (awesome did this on my car) or the DV is sticking open so would need to be taken off, unscrewed and lubed up. HTH  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: Boost Loss
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 06:30:55 pm »

Thankyou Martin

ive had this kind of thing! it can be 1 or 2 things that can cause it. Either you have mounted your DV sideways and not in the correct holes, (awesome did this on my car) or the DV is sticking open so would need to be taken off, unscrewed and lubed up. HTH  :happy2:

Blimey Joe, Technical advice from you, and good advice too!!  You been reading books again?
 :angry015: :angry015: