Make a donation

Author Topic: Lazer Blue GTI  (Read 6222 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: The Baby, My Lazer Blue GTI
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 08:44:10 pm »
Also in a very sad post the camper van has infact been sold, she will be leaving the family friday morning

Dont think ive been this upset over losing anything before, tried selling the bloke my girlfriend instead but he was having none of it :/

in two mind sets it does open up some funds to finish some bits on the golf but i feel like its blood money never again will I be able to cruise in the summer in the best thing thats ever happened to me :/

Its just a way of life.

Offline Brad Gill

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • StreetConcepts
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 10:49:19 pm »
i LOVED the picture of your camper makes me want one / restore one being a panel beater and spraypainter

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
sorry to see the camper sold but the golf is looking excellent--If you haven't already i would get the rear bumper painted

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »
i LOVED the picture of your camper makes me want one / restore one being a panel beater and spraypainter

They are amazing things I love mine so much but its just not getting the attention it needs and I cant afford to dry store it, I will be doing another one after ive graduated and that will be for life (fingers crossed)

sorry to see the camper sold but the golf is looking excellent--If you haven't already i would get the rear bumper painted

Cheers mate, the rear bumper and skirts will be going in sometime early next year ready for shows, also thinking of smoothing the front grill and going satin black that looks the muts nuts

Its just a way of life.

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 10:23:18 pm »
So it's been a while but I am still knocking about, Uni took control for the last few months but I've still been active buying and tinkering where I can I'll throw a list of updates up now and it will be followed by some pictures in the next few days when I've moved out of my Uni house

So to kick things off with things bought/changed:
Neu speed p flo (fitted)
Fk coilover (yet to be fitted)
Mk6 boot badge (to be fitted)
Open fog grills (to be fitted)
Lamin x fogs (to be fitted)
Magnets for license plate delete
Various detailing items
Middle box exhaust delete (fitted)
Rear bumper and side skirts colour coded
GOT A FULL SET OF R32 BRAKES (thing I've been hunting for)
Vw puddle lights
In pro side repeaters

Got a to do list for the next few weeks to keep me busy on break:
Fit all of the above
Paint b pillar trims
Yearly polish and protection
Remove seats for complete steam/Hoover
Change damaged glove box for new one
Vinyl wrap damaged interior trims
Decide front splitter (most probably abt)
License plate delete
Potential brake CALIPER refurb before fitting
And as ever a remap which keeps getting pushed down
Fix sun roof panel
I'm looking into hydro dipping as well it's caught my attention for some interior parts
Gonna try and get hold of some interior grab handles and maybe some chrome switches

Got the rest of my student loan to live off and a few detailing jobs will be fuelling the purchases and costs

I know it's not much but a recent meet at lakeside with some members on here has resparked my passion to get as much of the car done as possible as stated pictures will follow in the next few days

Comments are welcome
Tommy
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:29:47 pm by TForrest94 »

Its just a way of life.

Offline DANBOY66

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 05:04:38 am »
nice little list you have

was great to meet you and see your car at the Essex meet

how are you finding you running lights ?

Dan.
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline TaylorGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 08:39:00 pm »
Awesome detailing!
R-tech Stage 2+ Pirelli Gti

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:37 am »
nice little list you have

was great to meet you and see your car at the Essex meet

how are you finding you running lights ?

Dan.

Cheers mate yours too,mine just needs to be a 30 and it will be perfect
They are decent, got a few comments off family so it's noticeable

Awesome detailing!
I was pleased with it, first time using a da properly so I impressed myself, had a few more practices since then so we shall see what this summer brings

Its just a way of life.

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »
So here's the long over due update, finally had access to a computer so I had a chance to update my photo bucket and get the links all over here.

To kick things off is nothing to do with my car, but drove past this the over week and the size of the exhaust was incredible, couldn't work it out but assumed it had something to do with emissions in Romania?

And now to the good stuff, broke up from Uni last month and had a few days to myself whilst family were away and friends finishing exams so I set about getting the car ready for the summer. General condition wasn't too bad as I've been looking after it so only needed a single stage polishing before hitting it with a new glaze, well to me anyway

Can't really see well in the picture but it's prima amigo and the stuff is outstanding, never really used glazes but read a few good things and thought I'd spoil myself for finishing second year exams

Here's a picture showing the new colour coded rear, had it done in May but haven't had a chance to show it off apart from the Essex meet the other month. Didn't get the front splitter done as it's scratched to hell so trying to source an eddy or similar when funds allow.

Next few just showing off the results from the day, finished as always by two coats of jet seal 109

Cheeky one of my dog thinking he was being helpful after being ignored for the day

Got hold of a waxy box which happened to be the .50 cal special, was very impressed with all of the products, whe my current stash runs out I think I will be converting over to a few of these

One of my new favourite waxes again by .50 cal, ppenta wax. Was a dream to use and left possibly the slickest finish I've seen, next photo shows the flake after using the same wax

Then things went on hold for a while due to this little addition

I survived another fantastic year and whilst recovering had another clean of the car and started the process of looking after my old mans mk7 gti, lovely car but he persists to use automated or dodgey car washes and ruins the paint

Had a chance to finally fit my mk6 rear boot badge thanks to RoMocop for the great part and quick delivery

Got A phone call off a friend at Uni late one Thursday night saying they were having a family party at their home in France (an hour outside Paris) and me and a mate had nothing planned so set off, read about so many impulse trips and it may not have been nurburg or wolfsburg (they are coming) it was still the nuts had a fantastic weekend

Came back ready for a remap, tried getting to rtec as I was close to his garage on a track day but they were shut for the annual holiday so went for the next best thing being pretty much in my door step, Billy Mitchell knows how I feel about it

Spent my free time earning some pocket money before my placement starts detailing cars for family and friends, here's a picture of my cousins r32 after a full correction and protection

If you have read one of the previous posts you may be aware that I grabbed hold of a full set of r32 calipers fom a car being broken, they looked great but for reassurance I thought it best to get them checked out and refurbed for good measure (got a placement for Uni) got sent this photo the other day from Brake Caliper Refurbs the other day and should be getting them back anytime soon, just gotta grabbed a set of braided lines and will look into getting them fitted.

Also should finally be getting my coil overs fitted soon after a year of having comfortable suspension I've had enough! So keep yours eyes peeled in the for sales for a set of h & r springs if anybody needs a set, only 9 months old with roughly 7000 miles
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:51:18 pm by TForrest94 »

Its just a way of life.

Offline K1NGY14

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:31 pm »
Some good progress here mate