Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice regarding recent road rage incident  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Advice regarding recent road rage incident
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 08:40:16 pm »

I am a a curteous and considerate driver and don't go around driving like a dick. I would be interested as to what made him so angry that he felt the need to drive like he did. Maybe he just didn't like the fact someone overtook him?

Get that all the time mate, i wouldnt worry about it. I overtook a cooper S on the way to work. Next thing I know he comes flying up and then goes into my lane at a roundabout. you can go straight ahead in both lanes, right lane was clear, he just wanted to cut me up before I turned left at the roundabout!!!!

Just gotta let it go over your head, some people have a superiority complex and can't let someone else "get one over them"

I agree and this is what I had done. I had to, to put my mind at ease. It was stressing me out what had happend and in all honesty shook me up a little. Like I say I had mostly let this one slide but it was just by chance that I spotted the car and that raised the question in my mind as what I should do about it.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 08:41:22 pm »
Hi mate, firstly sorry to hear what happened. as far as there being 2 people in the other car, this won't help them, the extra person cannot be classed as an independant witness. so it's still basically him against you. i'm sure if your straight with the police and tell them the truth which i'm sure you've done so far they'll entertain your complaint, what will go in your favour will be your the one reporting the matter and not him, that's hoping he hasn't already stating simular about you, and if the signs of the impact are found on his car i think you have a fair to good chance imo. good luck. :happy2:

Cut

I did alot of this for around 24 years  :innocent:

Off topic....but lucky man!!  :laugh: :grin:

?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »
it's a good job you were in your car and not on your bike, you'd of certainly come of worse then,

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 09:02:26 pm »

I am a a curteous and considerate driver and don't go around driving like a dick. I would be interested as to what made him so angry that he felt the need to drive like he did. Maybe he just didn't like the fact someone overtook him?

Get that all the time mate, i wouldnt worry about it. I overtook a cooper S on the way to work. Next thing I know he comes flying up and then goes into my lane at a roundabout. you can go straight ahead in both lanes, right lane was clear, he just wanted to cut me up before I turned left at the roundabout!!!!

Just gotta let it go over your head, some people have a superiority complex and can't let someone else "get one over them"

I agree and this is what I had done. I had to, to put my mind at ease. It was stressing me out what had happend and in all honesty shook me up a little. Like I say I had mostly let this one slide but it was just by chance that I spotted the car and that raised the question in my mind as what I should do about it.

If you think phoning the Police is pointless you could maybe knock on his door...but he may just pull a knife on you lol

i would just be childish and egg his house or chuck paint all over his car  :happy2:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 09:37:07 pm »
Get some nettle seeds and write on his lawn. Something constructive like CNUT or similar.  :evilgrin:

Offline Stevepd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 09:48:03 pm »
Superglue the door locks & windscreen wipers, the get artistic with some MEK.
Standard 5 Door Shadow blue.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:37 pm »
Hi mate, firstly sorry to hear what happened. as far as there being 2 people in the other car, this won't help them, the extra person cannot be classed as an independant witness. so it's still basically him against you. i'm sure if your straight with the police and tell them the truth which i'm sure you've done so far they'll entertain your complaint, what will go in your favour will be your the one reporting the matter and not him, that's hoping he hasn't already stating simular about you, and if the signs of the impact are found on his car i think you have a fair to good chance imo. good luck. :happy2:

Cut

?

retired after 24 years (or something near?)??....just saying no way I will be able to do that!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 03:49:42 pm »

Cut

?

retired after 24 years (or something near?)??....just saying no way I will be able to do that!

Retired after 30 - didn't do all that stuff i mentioned till about 6 years in - CID was boring office wallah stuff - No offence if thats what you do , but the reason i joined the Police was to stay out of an office  :smiley: .....................................oh and retire at 50  :drinking:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 10:21:57 am »
Get some nettle seeds and write on his lawn. Something constructive like CNUT or similar.  :evilgrin:

I would get some very strong weed/grass killer and design a giant "phallus 'n balls" on his lawn  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14