Make a donation

Author Topic: England's World Cup chances?  (Read 4329 times)

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
Re: England's World Cup chances?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 07:19:29 pm »
What's up with you all - we're gonna win, it's our turn... :party:

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 07:24:34 pm »
What's up with you all - we're gonna win, it's our turn... :party:

If only everyone was as enthusiastic as you Nige! :signLOL:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Saintsteve

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »
With 3 saints players in the squad the trophy will paraded around soton on a open top bus with Lallana as future England captain holding it above his head while signing a new contract with saints! Luke shaw will be following Adam and signing a new deal too!

:scared:

Englands chances... Zero (3rd in group), about the same chances as Lallana and Shaw staying at SOTON if Scallypool and United come calling  :signLOL:

Argentina/Brazil/Uruguay will win

**Edit** looks like a deal for Shaw may be pretty close as it looks like a fee has been agreed (27m), quote from F365 "It looks like Luke Shaw could become Louis van Gaal's first signing at Manchester United following reports that the left-back has been house hunting in the area"  :happy2:

Luke shaw was in Portugal before flying back to meet up with the England setup..... Your new manager at utd hasn't even joined your club yet and your saying he's already joined :laugh:  :laugh:.

Sorry biggest load of bull I've read in ages :signLOL:

All paper talk  :stupid:

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 11:51:34 pm »
Zero.

The English don't have the self belief to get anywhere. They lack technical ability, arrogance and tactical nous. Even luck deserts them.  It's quite sad actually.
'07 Red manual

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 12:00:15 pm »
With 3 saints players in the squad the trophy will paraded around soton on a open top bus with Lallana as future England captain holding it above his head while signing a new contract with saints! Luke shaw will be following Adam and signing a new deal too!  :scared:
**Edit** looks like a deal for Shaw may be pretty close as it looks like a fee has been agreed (27m), quote from F365 "It looks like Luke Shaw could become Louis van Gaal's first signing at Manchester United following reports that the left-back has been house hunting in the area"  :happy2:

Luke shaw was in Portugal before flying back to meet up with the England setup..... Your new manager at utd hasn't even joined your club yet and your saying he's already joined :laugh:  :laugh:.

Van Gaal is confirmed as manager  :happy2:.

Luke Shaw and Toni Kroos incoming!  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Quiksilvercm

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 01:09:15 pm »
Keep Rooney on the bench and we will get to the semi's

Saintsteve

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 05:02:17 pm »
With 3 saints players in the squad the trophy will paraded around soton on a open top bus with Lallana as future England captain holding it above his head while signing a new contract with saints! Luke shaw will be following Adam and signing a new deal too!  :scared:

Van Gaal is confirmed as manager  :happy2:.

Luke Shaw and Toni Kroos incoming!  :signLOL:
Our Luke shaw signed a 5 yr deal 9 months ago  :wink:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 07:09:36 pm »

David Moyes signed a 6 year contract, and they paid that out. I reckon if someone wants to leave a club, or a club wants rid of them, a contract is worthless as a tool to make things stay the same. Too much money in the game.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Saintsteve

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:03 pm »

David Moyes signed a 6 year contract, and they paid that out. I reckon if someone wants to leave a club, or a club wants rid of them, a contract is worthless as a tool to make things stay the same. Too much money in the game.

But that's the point, he has admitted he's happy at saints, it's just all the tabloids say he isn't lol..

6 players leaving Southampton and non of them have left yet and nor has the manager lol... Don't believe everything you read..

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »

But that's the point, he has admitted he's happy at saints, it's just all the tabloids say he isn't lol..

6 players leaving Southampton and non of them have left yet and nor has the manager lol... Don't believe everything you read..

£25m would give him plenty of money to buy more spanish/argentinian players, pochettino could be the new Wenger  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Saintsteve

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

£25m would give him plenty of money to buy more spanish/argentinian players, pochettino could be the new Wenger  :signLOL:

Patrice Evra just extended his contract lolol....Why on earth would he do that if he would be a bench warmer if Shaw was coming......and You said Luke shaw was a man utd player ???  ...  :popcornsoda:

It's all hype and he will remain at SFC I'm afraid  :wink:

Saintsteve

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »
Our manager looks like he is staying so looks like everyone is staying at Southampton  :P :P

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »
^ Until Spurs get a confirmed Sherwood-replacement, I couldn't be 100% Steve. Levy is a sneaky badger to say the least!   :sick:

Although if he stays, that's great for you guys for a potential top 10 next season - I don't want Soton to be scrapping in the bottom 3.

United have Evra and Buttner who I've seen in person on a few occasions, he looks like a good player in the making and a LT replacement for Evra. They don't need Shaw IMHO, don't understand when big clubs buy young talent in areas they don't need to strengthen in. Very bizarre.

Also, can I say it annoys the f**k out of me when Pochettino still does interviews in Argie/Spanish?!  :fighting:  :laugh: :wink:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Saintsteve

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2014, 06:23:10 pm »
^ Until Spurs get a confirmed Sherwood-replacement, I couldn't be 100% Steve. Levy is a sneaky badger to say the least!   :sick:

Although if he stays, that's great for you guys for a potential top 10 next season - I don't want Soton to be scrapping in the bottom 3.

United have Evra and Buttner who I've seen in person on a few occasions, he looks like a good player in the making and a LT replacement for Evra. They don't need Shaw IMHO, don't understand when big clubs buy young talent in areas they don't need to strengthen in. Very bizarre.

Also, can I say it annoys the f**k out of me when Pochettino still does interviews in Argie/Spanish?!  :fighting:  :laugh: :wink:

Southampton Pro are reporting the Poch has snubbed spurs because Saints have offered a 1 yr extension to his contract, and spurs are now going after De Bor..

Personally , I cannot see any of Saints 1st team going, including Lallana.. I'm sure with a couple of more signings, Saints will be challenging top 6 nxt season ..

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »
Personally , I cannot see any of Saints 1st team going, including Lallana..
I'm sure with a couple of more signings, Saints will be challenging top 6 nxt season .

Lallana was or is going liverpool wants euro football

shaw man u but evra staying !

lambert to old and slow but does take a great penalty maybe that's why England took him

pochettino good young manger but why does he need interpreter who speaks to the players and lines man in english

Saints will be challenging top 6 next season you play nice football have had some good english talent but top 6 ?

guess my team we used to play proper football

ps i thought this about englands chances of world cup not southampton
i think we will struggle to get out the group stages but if the young players perform and gel then we might surprise a few teams

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:53:49 pm by patpong_pete »