Make a donation

Author Topic: England's World Cup chances?  (Read 4340 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Re: England's World Cup chances?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 07:30:51 pm »
IF we get out of the group the quarters should be on as the next phase is against pretty average sides, Columbia Greece, Ivory Coast or Japan.

If anyone hasn't already seen it watch One Night inTurin, that'll get you in the mood, especially if you're old enough to remember Italia 90. :happy2:
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Saintsteve

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 07:39:35 pm »
Give Ricky Lambert the ball, and he will score...

I have high hopes that the Southampton players get a decent chance to show what they are more then capable of..

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 08:55:24 pm »
The England team is SH!T.
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 09:20:32 pm »
We defo' won't win it as Jay Rodriguez is out injured  :sad1: :booty:

:wink:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Saintsteve

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »
We defo' won't win it as Jay Rodriguez is out injured  :sad1: :booty:

:wink:

:grin:

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 10:11:59 pm »
England WC will depend on if Rooney turns up!

If Rooney has a bad tournament as previous, then bet your bottom dollar England is out before they've kicked a ball.

Does anyone else rate Rooney? Yes he's good but I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people hype on over him also why is welbeck going haha.

Lots of negatives on here about England but if football was that predicable none of us here would be interested in it, end of the day someone has to win it and you just never know. I'm going to guess Semi finals ha

I don't think Rooney is anything special and I hate Manure. But I just feel if England are going to push on they need Rooney to show up
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline taylor

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 10:14:43 pm »

If Rooney has a bad tournament as previous, then bet your bottom dollar England is out before they've kicked a ball.

Does anyone else rate Rooney? Yes he's good but I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people hype on over him also why is welbeck going haha.

Lots of negatives on here about England but if football was that predicable none of us here would be interested in it, end of the day someone has to win it and you just never know. I'm going to guess Semi finals ha

I don't think Rooney is anything special and I hate Manure. But I just feel if England are going to push on they need Rooney to show up

Don't think Rooney has turned up to a major tournament yet has he? Always a let down when it comes to the big comps that's why we need the youth to be fearless and just play how they have this season, I still think picking players in form is the best policy! Nothing better than confident players
Tornado red ED30

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 10:18:18 pm »
IF we get out of the group the quarters should be on as the next phase is against pretty average sides, Columbia Greece, Ivory Coast or Japan.

If anyone hasn't already seen it watch One Night inTurin, that'll get you in the mood, especially if you're old enough to remember Italia 90. :happy2:

Wouldn't class Ivory Coast as an average team. In fact on paper, England would have a tough time getting a result.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 10:21:14 pm »

Wouldn't class Ivory Coast as an average team. In fact on paper, England would have a tough time getting a result.

Lol i know!!

who do u think is better?

Yaya toure and Drogba.....or lampard and lambert  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 10:21:51 pm »

Don't think Rooney has turned up to a major tournament yet has he? Always a let down when it comes to the big comps that's why we need the youth to be fearless and just play how they have this season, I still think picking players in form is the best policy! Nothing better than confident players

That's what I mean, he has always been piss poor on the big stage and he could be the difference if he turns up.

Offline J12spk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
  • VW PERVERT
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 11:42:02 pm »
With 3 saints players in the squad the trophy will paraded around soton on a open top bus with Lallana as future England captain holding it above his head while signing a new contract with saints! Luke shaw will be following Adam and signing a new deal too!

:scared:

Don't know what's worse, being a saints fan and worrying if we have a bare 11 for next season or watching England in a penalty shoot out?!

Das Auto

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 07:41:24 am »

Lol i know!!

who do u think is better?

Yaya toure and Drogba.....or lampard and lambert  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Decent team yes, but loads better than England? I'm not sure. Drogba, used to be quality but surely now past it, Toure obviously world class but as for the other 21 players in their squad, not exactly household names are they
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 09:39:57 am »
Quarter finals, would consider reaching semis a real achievement.

It'll be a south american team that wins, always is in their continent.

I'm more interested in the fact that agents have been banned from camp, that could be really interesting.
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 10:17:41 am »
With 3 saints players in the squad the trophy will paraded around soton on a open top bus with Lallana as future England captain holding it above his head while signing a new contract with saints! Luke shaw will be following Adam and signing a new deal too!

:scared:

Englands chances... Zero (3rd in group), about the same chances as Lallana and Shaw staying at SOTON if Scallypool and United come calling  :signLOL:

Argentina/Brazil/Uruguay will win

**Edit** looks like a deal for Shaw may be pretty close as it looks like a fee has been agreed (27m), quote from F365 "It looks like Luke Shaw could become Louis van Gaal's first signing at Manchester United following reports that the left-back has been house hunting in the area"  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:12:29 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
Re:
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »
I rate Rooney. His workrate is right up there with the best. The problem is he turns up at tournaments injured or just after an injury.