Green Flag
1 (3.2%)
Other
4 (12.9%)
Don't have breakdown cover
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: June 21, 2014, 07:24:43 pm

Author Topic: Breakdown recovery = RAC/AA/Green Flag  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Rporteo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Breakdown recovery = RAC/AA/Green Flag
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 07:09:55 pm »
Most bank premium bank accounts will give you it for free, £5 per month for a halifax account and we get full breakdown inc home start, mobile phone cover and world wide family travel insurance. There are a few more bits you get bit I can't remember those :smiley:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 08:23:39 pm »
My daughter had a bank account which cost her a monthly sum to get free stuff (like, it's not free if you have to pay to get it for free...). She had breakdown cover and needed it one day so phoned the number, only to be told that she wasn't covered for breakdowns unless she was 50 miles from home. On checking the rest of the free stuff, most of it was worthless as well.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 11:26:18 pm »
Thanks guys. Thinking i might stay with RAC this year - hopefully i will not need to call them out but you never know.  :laugh:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline !tf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »
Thanks guys. Thinking i might stay with RAC this year - hopefully i will not need to call them out but you never know.  :laugh:

Have they offered you a no claims discount? I got the whole shabang for something mental like 5-6quid a month because i never called them.....until i bought a VW :P
2005 Tornado Red GTI. Pescaras, Eibach Sportlines, Kenwood DDX-4028bt, Galactic Empire tax disc holder.

"It never got weird enough for me."

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 12:34:13 pm »
Tried that as i've not called them out for 12 months but they just will not budge on the renewal price. It was recomended by the rather helpful chap i stop with to cancel my policy and take a new one. This is what i have done  :smiley:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline !tf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 01:09:20 pm »
Tried that as i've not called them out for 12 months but they just will not budge on the renewal price. It was recomended by the rather helpful chap i stop with to cancel my policy and take a new one. This is what i have done  :smiley:

They must like me or something. I didn't even ring them they just offered it me.
2005 Tornado Red GTI. Pescaras, Eibach Sportlines, Kenwood DDX-4028bt, Galactic Empire tax disc holder.

"It never got weird enough for me."