Make a donation

Author Topic: Which 32" TV  (Read 1111 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
Which 32" TV
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:54:55 pm »
Guys and girls.... I'm after a new TV for my bedroom, probably 32" and less than £500.  I've looked about and there a couple of Samsung and Sonys I like, due to a rubbish wifi reception I'm not bothered about smart capabilities but would like a decent picture and sound, although I appreciate TV speakers are typically poor these days.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Which 32" TV
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:17:35 pm »
TV's are MUCH cheaper than what they used to be back in the day. You can pick up a very healthy spec'd TV with a large screen for around £500-700 nowadays. I remember we paid over £1700 for our Pioneer when the plasma TV's first came out, they dropped prices ever since the new technology came out and every manufacture decided to jump on the bandwagon. I reckon you have a good budget which should allow you to get a TV with a spec decent enough to see you through the next few years without feeling too outdated. However, I do reckon you should look at TV's with 3D in them. They are brilliant and with 4K coming out fairly soon, I don't think you'll be left feeling sorry for yourself if you opt for a TV with 3D in it. Also, you should be looking for a TV with Full HD image quality. There's really no question about it these days, HD Ready TVs just aren't up to scratch for today's market and I personally wouldn't look for anything other than Full HD (1040p). Then again, if you buy a top-spec TV, you might find yourself tempted to buy one of the 4K TV's later on in the year or two so I would keep that in mind, look for something that will have a decent resale value. For branding, I'd be looking at the usual Sony, Samsung, LG etcetera but would avoid anything that is kept low-key because you're probably not going to get your money worth from brands such as Bush, Tevion, Medion etcetra.
Aye, that wan.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fd547lbesrgmgg3jh546kvku2j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »
I like the look of that Panasonic... Seems a decent price too, thanks
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »
Samsung picture quality & sound is great IMO.
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline MSD

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »
Agreeing with the samsung comment!  :happy2: awesome Tv's! :D

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »
Samsung make some beautiful tv's for around £400. In my opinion Sony do a better job but you'd look at paying £700 to better a £400 Samsung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 01:13:37 am »
If it's only for a bedroom have a look at this http://www.tesco.com/direct/toshiba-32l6353-32-inch-smart-wifi-built-in-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-with-freeview-hd-silver/350-6126.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=350-6126#product-details I'm getting one for my home gym, the biggest selling point is the fact it's a smart tv with full browsing and on demand.  Perfect for you tube streaming etc.  I also have a Sony Bravia smart tv downstairs and would recommend it to anyone, it has a high processor rate and some other mumbo jumbo (so I'm told) but price tag doesn't really justify if going into the bedroom.

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 07:59:25 am »
I bought a 32" Samsung for the kids bedroom and it lasted 14 months before it packed up ( Quite a common problem with Samsung apparently)!!  :fighting:

For me Samsung tv's get filed in the same folder as Renault cars and broad beans under 'Tried Once, Never Again'. :sick:

I would recommend Panasonic every time.  :happy2:

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline ED30_jason

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »
Never had any problems with Samsung tv's especially when integrating with other off the shelf samsung items

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 10:44:14 pm »
I bought a 32" Samsung for the kids bedroom and it lasted 14 months before it packed up ( Quite a common problem with Samsung apparently)!!  :fighting:

For me Samsung tv's get filed in the same folder as Renault cars and broad beans under 'Tried Once, Never Again'. :sick:

I would recommend Panasonic every time.  :happy2:
[/
quote]
I have 3 Samsung TV's (Ranging from 32" to 50") and have never had a problem with any of them, the oldest is currently around 6 years old! and the newest one being only 9 months old.

Had Panasonics before and the remotes seem to die long before the TV's  :surprised:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 10:48:54 pm »
If it's only for a bedroom have a look at this http://www.tesco.com/direct/toshiba-32l6353-32-inch-smart-wifi-built-in-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-with-freeview-hd-silver/350-6126.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=350-6126#product-details I'm getting one for my home gym, the biggest selling point is the fact it's a smart tv with full browsing and on demand.  Perfect for you tube streaming etc.  I also have a Sony Bravia smart tv downstairs and would recommend it to anyone, it has a high processor rate and some other mumbo jumbo (so I'm told) but price tag doesn't really justify if going into the bedroom.

As good as this looked tesco are sold out so think the Panasonic from richer sounds is the way forward for me
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade