Make a donation

Author Topic: Transfer Talk;- Pochettino leaves Saints for Spurs  (Read 2712 times)

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
Re: Transfer Talk;- Pochettino leaves Saints for Spurs
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 10:33:54 am »
City and Chelsea do have rich owners but FFP now stops them blowing everyone out of the water

City will announce in the next month or so that they have broken even in the last financial year - you heard it here first - any doubts, listen to the interview with their chairman on their website - these guys know what they are doing

Chelsea on the other hand have just sold Matta and Luiz for big money and maybe one or two others so will have LOADS of cash to spend which is real bad news for Utd and Liverpool

Liverpool and Utd have big rebuilding jobs to do where as City, Chelsea and Arsenal have tinkering round the edges so must all be favourites for the title next year - should be another close season which is what we all want to see

As someone else has said, it is a breath od fresh air that so many teams can now win the title in any given year unlike the prem of old or some of the other european leagues
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 10:53:43 am »
City and Chelsea do have rich owners but FFP now stops them blowing everyone out of the water

City will announce in the next month or so that they have broken even in the last financial year - you heard it here first - any doubts, listen to the interview with their chairman on their website - these guys know what they are doing

Chelsea on the other hand have just sold Matta and Luiz for big money and maybe one or two others so will have LOADS of cash to spend which is real bad news for Utd and Liverpool

Liverpool and Utd have big rebuilding jobs to do where as City, Chelsea and Arsenal have tinkering round the edges so must all be favourites for the title next year - should be another close season which is what we all want to see

You can't put Liverpool in the same category as Utd for rebuilding!!! We need a new left back, right back and a centre back, and an attacking midfielder. We have an incredible attack, and 1 back up striker needs to be bought. Utd need a whole new squad!! We scored 101 goals last year, if we can repeat this and concede 15-18 less goals we'll win the league. There is a lot of deadwood that is going, but this will be replaced by quality and youngsters coming up through our excellent system which is starting to reap rewards. YNWA!!

As someone else has said, it is a breath od fresh air that so many teams can now win the title in any given year unlike the prem of old or some of the other european leagues

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 11:41:30 am »
United NEED 1 centre back (2 preferred) and 2 decent midfielders (1 Winger and 1 attacking), longer term we need a decent left back and right back.

Pretty sure £200m will cover that  :signLOL:

Centre backs;- Hummels (CB), Miranda (CB), Garay (CB), Mangala (CB), Martins Indi (CB or LB), Shaw (LB)
Midfield ;- Schweinsteiger (AM), Koke, Turan, Depay (Winger), Konoplyanka (Winger)

If we can offload Young, Nani and Cleverley that should boost the kitty by £25m and lower the wage bill to accomodate incoming players.

For me signings would be:-

Hummels/Garay, Martins Indi, Schweinsteiger, Koke, Konoplyanka  :happy2:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:43:06 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:00 pm »
You cannot compare how liverpool fared last season to next. They will have champs league and an expectation to do better in the cups to contend with. They need a similar number of players as Utd in my opinion. Most of the top 4 last season excluding Liverpool had some serious injury problems to contend with. Arsenal and city rarely had their best 11 on the field for more than a handful of games all season

The summer will be very interesting and really looking forward to next season. I don't think anyone can confidently predict the top 4 next season let alone the champions  :happy2:
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »
Not in a million years is Bastian Schweinsteiger leaving for 10 mil more like 40 who reported that?

Laugh if united get snubbed by all the big names again. What happened to signing kroos?

Liverpool may struggle next year fighting on all fronts, there squad isn't big and there bench is rubbish. They had it fairly easy last year with just the prem to focus on.

Spurs will be irrelevant as ever

Arsenal one or two big signings in the right areas and they can push on further, injuries hurt them last year fighting on 3 fronts and it cought up with them. A dm and a top striker maybe a pacey winger as the lack of pace when Walcott got injured was a joke.

Chelsea and man city will obviously be there with the billions they spend.

Schweinsteiger in last year of his contract, hence 10m.

Kroos was a Moyes signing, LVG not interested.

Can see a few big players coming to United with LVG at the helm, he has plenty of pulling power and experience

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »
United NEED 1 centre back (2 preferred) and 2 decent midfielders (1 Winger and 1 attacking), longer term we need a decent left back and right back.

Centre backs;- Hummels (CB), Miranda (CB), Garay (CB), Mangala (CB), Martins Indi (CB or LB), Shaw (LB)
Midfield ;- Schweinsteiger (AM), Koke, Turan, Depay (Winger), Konoplyanka (Winger)

If we can offload Young, Nani and Cleverley that should boost the kitty by £25m and lower the wage bill to accomodate incoming players.

With your current squad, you need more than just a new manager....... you need a magician!

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 07:16:35 pm »

With your curren :signLOL:t squad, you need more than just a new manager....... you need a magician!

It's the same squad that won the leage the previous season, does not need that much

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 08:00:24 pm »

With your curren :signLOL:t squad, you need more than just a new manager....... you need a magician!

It's the same squad that won the leage the previous season, does not need that much

sorry mate, not sure you know what your talking about.

United have had a sh!t team for about 3 seasons.

What happened last year was you had Fergie at the Helm.

GK - Dea Gea is alright I guess and Lindgaard is a good back up.
Defence - You need a new back 4. I think Neville or Keane said Smalling and Jones have retarded and tbh I agree.
Midfield - they all need to go with the exception of Mata. none of them would walk into any of the top 5/6 teams in the league apart from Mata.
Up front - Rooney is not a striker and his best position is playing as a secondary striker behind RVP/front man. Welbeck needs to go and Hernandez is good but he will not get much joy with Gaal as RVP will be top dog.

2-3 players will just be scratching the surface.

VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 10:57:21 pm »
Ricky Lambert moving to Anfield!!!  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:14 am »

sorry mate, not sure you know what your talking about.

United have had a sh!t team for about 3 seasons.

What happened last year was you had Fergie at the Helm.

GK - Dea Gea is alright I guess and Lindgaard is a good back up.
Defence - You need a new back 4. I think Neville or Keane said Smalling and Jones have retarded and tbh I agree.
Midfield - they all need to go with the exception of Mata. none of them would walk into any of the top 5/6 teams in the league apart from Mata.
Up front - Rooney is not a striker and his best position is playing as a secondary striker behind RVP/front man. Welbeck needs to go and Hernandez is good but he will not get much joy with Gaal as RVP will be top dog.

2-3 players will just be scratching the surface.

:congrats:

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 09:24:52 am »
Lambert to Liverpool - what is all that about - they are also talking £9m !!!!!

that forward pace they have grinds to a halt when you introduce him
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 06:07:20 am »
Lambert to Liverpool - what is all that about - they are also talking £9m !!!!!

that forward pace they have grinds to a halt when you introduce him

It's £4m, which is pretty good for a bloke with a 23 goals/assists combo in the Premiership. He offers something different when our normal approach isn't working. Proven record, for £2m/season plus reasonable wages? And he's Red through and through? And he's happy to play a secondary role to the best strike force in Europe? Bloomin' great move I reckon. Bargain.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 08:49:41 am »

Pretty sure £200m will cover that  :signLOL:

Hummels/Garay, Martins Indi, Schweinsteiger, Koke, Konoplyanka  :happy2:

Hummels, koke and Schweinsteiger especially the last one arnt going to yawnited!!! You pretty much need at least 6 or 7 players to contend next season although what will help you massively is like Liverpool last season, you have nothing else to play for apart from the FA cup :grin:

@Gtain You said yourself Liverpool need 4 new players in the starting 11 plus a backup striker, thats half a team right there. I don't see Liverpool challenging next season tbh injuries will hold you back.

Chelsea will be throwing money around this summer no doubt, its what mourinho does, he cant win a trophy without doing that. It seems Arsenal have money to throw around aswell these days listening to what Wenger said after signing his new deal. Those two only need a few top signings to go up another level and man city need none.