Make a donation

Author Topic: Very interesting - APR care to explain?  (Read 24967 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Very interesting - APR care to explain?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 04:14:07 pm »
i like it find us on the track comment  :laugh: thats funny

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 04:15:55 pm »
I assume at some point I will have to resign myself to the fact that I have to take this ridiculous claim seriously.

For the time being, I will explain how the video was captured and what the build state of the car was during the video and development of the engine.

The car is a 2006 MK5 GTi press car that is an auxiliary chassis for APR Motorsport.  The chassis is completely OEM and was one of the first MK5's ever made with an incredibly low VIN that technically doesn't exist.  APR MS uses it to dyno test their spare engines.  The car has the OEM transmission, suspension, brakes, instruments, interior, etc and the OEM 17" wheels and tires.

Our client in Dubai sent his ecu, keys, ignition cylinder, instrument cluster, wiring harness and central convenience monitor as his race car was EURO spec and we wanted to make sure all would work for him once he received the engine we were sending.  Some or most of those bits were swapped into our US Spec chassis for the calibration, video and testing.

The car is being driven on a relatively straight piece of road that has some hills and valleys and would be considered rather "hilly".

The camera is mounted from the sunroof and I believe there is a second person in the car for some of the pulls holding a camera for a different angle that may or may not have been used for the vid.

It was not our intent for other people to measure the time of acceleration or whatever but we assumed people would.  We didn't do it ourselves because we don't really care as we have nothing to compare it to and other results are more important to us than the time of acceleration.  Performance Box data would have been helpful though and I do that now for most cars when we finish new development.

That being said, this thread is a complete waste of my time and I am not going to fall prey to this baseless attempts to discredit us.

Enjoy YOUR turbo kit Johnny and if you want to gun for us, find us on a track. :P

Thanks for the response Keith..

If you have a look in any of my posts I think its clear to see that im not trying to discredit, just noticed that disparity in the speedo to rpm and was interested to see what APR had to say about it.. Thats all..

In my eyes you have gone to zero effort to explain it at all.. Instead inferring that its such an insignificant and 'ridiculous claim' that its not worth your time in answering.. Well, if you look through the thread, I can see quite a few people that would probably like some kind of thoughts on it?

Anyways again I would like to make the point that I am in no way trying to discredit APR or what you guys achieve.. Just simply was after some feedback..

And you know that last comment is just silly  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2009, 04:16:23 pm »
come on jonny dont let us down show them the other car  :evilgrin:

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:33 pm »
come on jonny dont let us down show them the other car  :evilgrin:

:party:
MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2009, 04:28:20 pm »
 :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 04:52:16 pm »
I assume at some point I will have to resign myself to the fact that I have to take this ridiculous claim seriously.

For the time being, I will explain how the video was captured and what the build state of the car was during the video and development of the engine.

The car is a 2006 MK5 GTi press car that is an auxiliary chassis for APR Motorsport.  The chassis is completely OEM and was one of the first MK5's ever made with an incredibly low VIN that technically doesn't exist.  APR MS uses it to dyno test their spare engines.  The car has the OEM transmission, suspension, brakes, instruments, interior, etc and the OEM 17" wheels and tires.

Our client in Dubai sent his ecu, keys, ignition cylinder, instrument cluster, wiring harness and central convenience monitor as his race car was EURO spec and we wanted to make sure all would work for him once he received the engine we were sending.  Some or most of those bits were swapped into our US Spec chassis for the calibration, video and testing.

The car is being driven on a relatively straight piece of road that has some hills and valleys and would be considered rather "hilly".

The camera is mounted from the sunroof and I believe there is a second person in the car for some of the pulls holding a camera for a different angle that may or may not have been used for the vid.

It was not our intent for other people to measure the time of acceleration or whatever but we assumed people would.  We didn't do it ourselves because we don't really care as we have nothing to compare it to and other results are more important to us than the time of acceleration.  Performance Box data would have been helpful though and I do that now for most cars when we finish new development.

That being said, this thread is a complete waste of my time and I am not going to fall prey to this baseless attempts to discredit us.

Enjoy YOUR turbo kit Johnny and if you want to gun for us, find us on a track. :P

If you have a look in any of my posts I think its clear to see that im not trying to discredit, just noticed that disparity in the speedo to rpm and was interested to see what APR had to say about it.. Thats all..

In my eyes you have gone to zero effort to explain it at all.. Instead inferring that its such an insignificant and 'ridiculous claim' that its not worth your time in answering.. Well, if you look through the thread, I can see quite a few people that would probably like some kind of thoughts on it?

Anyways again I would like to make the point that I am in no way trying to discredit APR or what you guys achieve.. Just simply was after some feedback..

I gave you all of the information you need to understand how any discrepancy could have occurred.

Only ambulance chasers are interested in the continuance of this thread and only fanboys of other companies or other company's representatives would have put you up to this.

You are wrong in suggesting that we are somehow dishonest.

There is nothing silly about my last comment.  S3 Stage 3's are hitting the track all around the world at an increasing rate.  Find one, race it.  Don't waste my time with your bench racing and video stop watch dyno's.

You really think I am being this arrogant and disinterested if I am not fully confident I can dispel this tasteless and uncouth claim at any point?

I think its cute that some noobs in this industry don't realize how long I've and APR has been around and yes we've seen it all.  Don't treat me like we are even remotely capable of what you accuse seeing how we started this whole thing back in '97 to simply avoid this type of b.s. from the companies available at that time.  12 years later our philosophy has worked quite well but lesser inexperienced young kids want to start their companies and mimic our history but try to act like we aren't where we are because of where we've been.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:56:20 pm by Keith@APR »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 04:54:13 pm »
come on jonny we know the car come on show him  :notworthy: the race car please  :evilgrin:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 04:55:03 pm »
in which case, please get some videos of said car racing another car or something, dont just post a dash board cam video..

also i dont know if you have seen jonnycs car but he has his reasons for  pointing out the "stopwatch" style banter

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »
come on jonny we know the car come on show him  :notworthy: the race car please  :evilgrin:

tis quite frankly one of the sexiest looking beasts in the world.

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 04:58:56 pm »
Well I have to say Keith that your attitude with this has put me off using APR.

Jonny asked a simple question and as you stated yourself you are responding in an arrogant and disinterested manor.

No one company is too big to have to answer a perfectly valid question. It just goes to show that some people have a largely over inflated opinion of themselves.
MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 05:01:12 pm »
in which case, please get some videos of said car racing another car or something, dont just post a dash board cam video..

also i dont know if you have seen jonnycs car but he has his reasons for  pointing out the "stopwatch" style banter

I didn't start this thread.  I didn't post anything.

I've seen what Johnny is doing and I am not impressed.  What's your point?

Why isn't it his responsibility to offer some sort of evidence of any videos being faked as opposed to a responsibility on our end to disprove his unwarranted accusations?

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 05:02:07 pm »
oouch this is getting kinda nasty  :signLOL:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 05:04:00 pm »

also i dont know if you have seen jonnycs car but he has his reasons for  pointing out the "stopwatch" style banter

I didn't start this thread.  I didn't post anything.

I've seen what Johnny is doing and I am not impressed.  What's your point?

Why isn't it his responsibility to offer some sort of evidence of any videos being faked as opposed to a responsibility on our end to disprove his unwarranted accusations?

If you are on here representing APR i would suggest you stop lowering your tone and start listening to people rather than try to make them look silly.

he has provided his "evidence" in the form of accurate measurements and comparisons, i see no counter evidence from you...

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 05:06:19 pm »
Well I have to say Keith that your attitude with this has put me off using APR.

Jonny asked a simple question and as you stated yourself you are responding in an arrogant and disinterested manor.

No one company is too big to have to answer a perfectly valid question. It just goes to show that some people have a largely over inflated opinion of themselves.

Thanks for the advice.

However, put yourself in my shoes.

The true villian is Johnny for making a baseless and frivolous claim with no evidence to support it.

You may feel he's masked his intent as an "honest question" but his motivations are much more devious than that.  Had he intended an "honest question" he would have pm'ed me, emailed us, called us, called APR EU, called Awesome, pm'ed Awesome, etc.  He is attempting to make a big Geraldo style expose with NO EVIDENCE and the forum users are supporting him.

I may be arrogant but at least my morals and ethics are in line.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »

I gave you all of the information you need to understand how any discrepancy could have occurred.

Only ambulance chasers are interested in the continuance of this thread and only fanboys of other companies or other company's representatives would have put you up to this.

You are wrong in suggesting that we are somehow dishonest.

There is nothing silly about my last comment.  S3 Stage 3's are hitting the track all around the world at an increasing rate.  Find one, race it.  Don't waste my time with your bench racing and video stop watch dyno's.

You really think I am being this arrogant and disinterested if I am not fully confident I can dispel this tasteless and uncouth claim at any point?

I think its cute that some noobs in this industry don't realize how long I've and APR has been around and yes we've seen it all.  Don't treat me like we are even remotely capable of what you accuse seeing how we started this whole thing back in '97 to simply avoid this type of b.s. from the companies available at that time.  12 years later our philosophy has worked quite well but lesser experienced young kids want to start their companies and mimic our history but try to act like we aren't where we are because of where we've been.

Lol.. No one 'put me up to it' And again im really not trying to 'discredit' anything that APR has done, I have said that already..

Anyways thats me told then! Ok well you obviously dont get what im saying, read each of my posts, im seriously not trying to suggest any of the things that you mentioned.. It just seems your being super sensitive which would indicate that I have hit some what of a sore spot..

I understand that your very proud of what yourself and APR have achieved, and you should be.. APR is a well known company around the world! Just having such an attitude and aggressive reaction like this to simple questions will do you no favors, especially in the UK where the customers are far more likely to buy from someone they 'like'

Ill just forget it, it seriously doesn't mean that much to me to continue.. Im sorry..

Now go get yourself a glass of water  :innocent:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128