Make a donation

Author Topic: Very interesting - APR care to explain?  (Read 24970 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Very interesting - APR care to explain?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 05:08:42 pm »
does that mean there wont be a race :sad1:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 05:09:25 pm »
Well I have to say Keith that your attitude with this has put me off using APR.

Jonny asked a simple question and as you stated yourself you are responding in an arrogant and disinterested manor.

No one company is too big to have to answer a perfectly valid question. It just goes to show that some people have a largely over inflated opinion of themselves.

Thanks for the advice.

However, put yourself in my shoes.

The true villian is Johnny for making a baseless and frivolous claim with no evidence to support it.

You may feel he's masked his intent as an "honest question" but his motivations are much more devious than that.  Had he intended an "honest question" he would have pm'ed me, emailed us, called us, called APR EU, called Awesome, pm'ed Awesome, etc.  He is attempting to make a big Geraldo style expose with NO EVIDENCE and the forum users are supporting him.

I may be arrogant but at least my morals and ethics are in line.

Seriously, villain!?  :surprised:

You have taken this far too seriously, it doesn't matter to me one bit if this thread / 'expose' is deleted..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2009, 05:09:31 pm »
in which case, please get some videos of said car racing another car or something, dont just post a dash board cam video..

also i dont know if you have seen jonnycs car but he has his reasons for  pointing out the "stopwatch" style banter

I didn't start this thread.  I didn't post anything.

I've seen what Johnny is doing and I am not impressed.  What's your point?

Why isn't it his responsibility to offer some sort of evidence of any videos being faked as opposed to a responsibility on our end to disprove his unwarranted accusations?

If you are on here representing APR i would suggest you stop lowering your tone and start listening to people rather than try to make them look silly.

he has provided his "evidence" in the form of accurate measurements and comparisons, i see no counter evidence from you...

The only thing Johnnny has presented is a lack of understanding.  There is no evidence provided by him whatsoever regarding that video being faked or manipulated.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 05:13:15 pm »
Well I have to say Keith that your attitude with this has put me off using APR.

Jonny asked a simple question and as you stated yourself you are responding in an arrogant and disinterested manor.

No one company is too big to have to answer a perfectly valid question. It just goes to show that some people have a largely over inflated opinion of themselves.

Thanks for the advice.

However, put yourself in my shoes.

The true villian is Johnny for making a baseless and frivolous claim with no evidence to support it.

You may feel he's masked his intent as an "honest question" but his motivations are much more devious than that.  Had he intended an "honest question" he would have pm'ed me, emailed us, called us, called APR EU, called Awesome, pm'ed Awesome, etc.  He is attempting to make a big Geraldo style expose with NO EVIDENCE and the forum users are supporting him.

I may be arrogant but at least my morals and ethics are in line.

Seriously, villain!?  :surprised:

You have taken this far too seriously, it doesn't matter to me one bit if this thread / 'expose' is deleted..

Nope, you don't get off that easily.  This thread needs to stay open until Tuesday when I've had the time to find the raw vidz, datalogs and dyno graphs for all to see.

Offer an apology and I will accept graciously.  Just next time you should contact us or one of our agents directly.

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 05:14:03 pm »
Offer an apology and I will accept graciously.  Just next time you should contact us or one of our agents directly.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8443.msg131295#msg131295

apology ^^

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 05:16:16 pm »

Nope, you don't get off that easily.  This thread needs to stay open until Tuesday when I've had the time to find the raw vidz, datalogs and dyno graphs for all to see.

Offer an apology and I will accept graciously.  Just next time you should contact us or one of our agents directly.

wasnt that the whole point of the thread. he wanted to know how you got those figures on the speedo in that gear.

JonnyC is trying to eek as much out of his car as possible, so if your car is doing something better via gear ratios etc im sure he would have been very interested to know.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:20:11 pm by simonskerton »

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:07 pm »
so wheres this racing car anyways.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2009, 05:18:36 pm »

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8443.msg131295#msg131295

apology ^^

Fair enough, apology accepted.  Even with the little digs thrown in.

Please stay tuned on Tuesday for the full support of our video's accuracy.  I can put this in a new thread or follow it up here.  I only ask that thread is completely deleted, not just locked unless I am able to post on it on Tuesday.

Thanks.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 05:22:27 pm »

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »
I'm not interested in who is right or wrong here, but I think it was the gear ratios of the car that were in question, not the authenticity of the video itself.

i.e. why is the APR car doing xxxMPH @ xxxxRMP when a Golf/ED30/whatever is doing yyyMPH @ yyyyRPM.
Sideways yo!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 05:23:41 pm »

Nope, you don't get off that easily.  This thread needs to stay open until Tuesday when I've had the time to find the raw vidz, datalogs and dyno graphs for all to see.

wasnt that the whole point of the thread. he wanted to know how you got those figures on the speedo in that gear.

JonnyC is trying to eek as much out of his car as possible, so if your car is doing something better via gear ratios etc im sure he would have been very interested to know.

yeah sure, this part of his first post really made me feel like it was an honest attempt to gain insight or information:

So basically the conclusion that I have came to is that either its the car MASSIVELY over-reading or APR have fudged the video.. If its the latter then thats a pretty piss poor way of making a car look faster than it really is.. Although I suppose its taken up until now for someone to notice lol..

Jonny

:stupid:

Maybe something like:

Did anyone see the rpm's vs. mph on APR Supercopa vid?  I wonder if someone from APR would let us know how they are seeing x mph at x rpm when I can only get mine to do x mph at x rpm.

At times I will be one of the most helpful and friendly people on this site.  This is not one of them. :fighting:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 05:28:06 pm »
so that argument over then, will there be an explanation into how your get more speed at xxxRpm  in relationship to our vehicles over here.on tuesday, because that is what was being queried not the output of the car

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 05:28:48 pm »
Did anyone see the rpm's vs. mph on APR Supercopa vid?  I wonder if someone from APR would let us know how they are seeing x mph at x rpm when I can only get mine to do x mph at x rpm.

At times I will be one of the most helpful and friendly people on this site.  This is not one of them. :fighting:

in which case..

Did anyone see the rpm's vs. mph on APR Supercopa vid?  I wonder if someone from APR would let us know how they are seeing x mph at x rpm when I can only get mine to do x mph at x rpm.

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 05:32:47 pm »
dont let anyones 'bias' put you off Keith, thats internet forums for you...
most of us are capable of seeing through the nuances that individual members have on here (and I include myself in that  :grin:)
what I would say, is that there are many members on here ,
that are genuinely just interested in gaining technical insight into anything TFSI, which in this case includes a large hp car and mph/revs calculations, tommorrow it will be something else ...
 :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 05:33:17 pm »
I really think you've missed a very big opportunity here Keith. If you really felt that Jonny was having an intentional dig at you, you had the opportunity to position yourself as "the bigger man" and come back with a reply with evidence and info on where he was "mistaken" and "helped him out" by giving the correct info.

Your attitude towards Jonny and others is IMO totally unacceptable and I beleive will go along way to knocking peoples opinion of APR as a reputable & freindly tuner in th UK.

MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!