Make a donation

Author Topic: vRS Carl's New Machine ***Pics Added***  (Read 9743 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re:
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 06:43:06 pm »
Lol. Yup it does have a fair few.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: vRS Carl's New Machine ***Pics Added***
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 07:22:18 pm »
 :drool:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
Re: Re: vRS Carl's New Machine ***Pics Added***
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 07:26:02 pm »
Well today was quite a good day.

Got to the dealership at about 0915. After doing some mandatory paperwork and a quick check of my car they spent the next near 2hrs talking me through enough on the car to get me going (I'd still be there now if they went through everything) and answered any questions I had.

I then Sat in the car with one of the staff and she showed/talked me through setting up the seats, nav, mirrors etc and then came with me on a test drive to ensure I was happy with the cruise, gearbox modes and sport mode. Sport mode is brilliant you can really feel the difference in the car.

On return to the dealership I was presented with a brand new map disc set and a set of media interface cables as the originals were missing.
After a quick discussion about servicing plans etc I walked out the showroom having had the best handover of a car I've ever had. Even though this was a used approved car the sales team where only to happy to help with any query I had and made me feel like I was their only customer.

The salesman even wrote some questions in his diary to sort for me next week. Mainly about the Brabus map :evilgrin:

The journey home was one of the nicest drives I've had in a while. Everything was effortless and silky smooth. Even the Mrs commented on just how smooth it was when she drove it.

I'm not for one minute suggesting my vRS was bad nor am I now a badge snob. The vRS gave me 3 happy years motoring and the one before it gave me 4. I just wanted to try something different. I wanted diseasel due to distance from family and I wanted power and comfort. That only really left me with one of the big 3 German makers and this car was just too good to let go.

Storage wise it's a bit smaller than the vRS in boot space. But I rarely fill it now and I have a roof box.

The only other thing to mention at the moment is the stereo. It's foooking epic. The sound is amazing, as expected from Harman Kardon.

All in all in the short time I've had it the car has impressed me an awful lot and more than I anticipated.

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »
Looks fantastic in the flesh too mate. Always good to see you. Have a great vacation and we should pop for a beer on your return

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Regards,

Mike

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 06:04:15 pm »
Good to see you too mate and i'm looking forwards to getting a go of that 470 odd lb/ft  :evilgrin:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 06:31:53 pm »
you've changed  :drinking:

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 06:50:26 pm »
Good choice mate, I'd love something like that! :party: :notworthy: :happy2:

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 08:32:27 pm »
you've changed  :drinking:

I've become that discerning gentleman i've always desired to be. I aspire to be like this
I just need to grow some hair first  :grin:

The tweed suit and matching cap are on order already though with all the money i'm saving on fuel  :evilgrin:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 08:46:21 pm »
Hi Carl

Rocking an E250 Coupe at the moment on a stupid stupid cheap contract hire deal, can only back you up on everything you've said...everything feels stupidly well built, mine goes back in a year and I'm really hoping that getting back into a VAG won't be quite as disappointing as I expect it to...

As long as you don't opt for a entry level engine, they do indeed pile the spec on...its not uncommon depending on the desired spec to in essence get the next engine up for practically nothing, my four cylinder is only 212BHP but feels like it would pull the side of your house off, that 6 potter in a C Class must feel very good indeed.

You really feel it on longer journeys, I'm regularly doing Preston Stansted and it seems to take half as long in my head....The seats are particularly good, they feel really firm initially but you have so much adjustment available back pain (which I suffer from) is a thing of the past, I've got orthopaedic sports seats and its awesome

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 08:52:18 pm »
Hi Carl

Rocking an E250 Coupe at the moment on a stupid stupid cheap contract hire deal, can only back you up on everything you've said...everything feels stupidly well built, mine goes back in a year and I'm really hoping that getting back into a VAG won't be quite as disappointing as I expect it to...

As long as you don't opt for a entry level engine, they do indeed pile the spec on...its not uncommon depending on the desired spec to in essence get the next engine up for practically nothing, my four cylinder is only 212BHP but feels like it would pull the side of your house off, that 6 potter in a C Class must feel very good indeed.

You really feel it on longer journeys, I'm regularly doing Preston Stansted and it seems to take half as long in my head....The seats are particularly good, they feel really firm initially but you have so much adjustment available back pain (which I suffer from) is a thing of the past, I've got orthopaedic sports seats and its awesome

Thanks Dave.  :happy2:

Yup it certainly is a cracking engine and it just feels so effortless. I haven't been out in it today as I've had to help pack for our holiday  :confused: I took less kit away on tour for 7.5months than we are for 3 weeks  :grin:

But i am itching to get out in it again and looking forwards to drive into Europe this week.

I need to chat to you about Brakes anyhow but i'll send you a PM if that's ok?

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 08:55:49 pm »
Yeh sure pal no snags whenever you're ready

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:58 am »
Very nice :happy2:
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 07:38:18 pm »
very nice carl.  that's awesome that you can map and keep the warranty - i guess MB don't want to lose out on any potential income stream :)
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
Re:
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 08:00:06 pm »
It's only with the Brabus one though. It's just a fancy tuning box to be honest but it plugs into the ecu and gearbox ecu and has to be done by a Mercedes dealer to keep the warranty. If you fit it yourself then there's no warranty.

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 08:06:06 pm »
 :happy2:
Pirelli GTI