Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing deep/lite scratches?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
Removing deep/lite scratches?
« on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »
Hello, I've finally got the time to clean up MK6 and have always been bugged by the amount of scratches at the driver side door and the boot. The scratches do seem light and the nail doesn't get trapped in them when rubbing over them but there is a lot of dirt trapped in there which is proving difficult to take out. Although as the pictures show, there are some pretty heavy ones with paint chucked off in some parts, I blame this all on the previous owner. So far, I haven't done a thing with the car to try and get them out so all news is new news to me. I've attached some pictures but they haven't turned out great. It was mid-washing so the car hasn't started getting a soapy bath just yet! Although the situation really is as bad as it looks in the pictures for sure.

Aye, that wan.

Offline DanMaytee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Removing deep/lite scratches?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:57:48 pm »
I use this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Menzerna-Fast-Gloss-FG400-250ml-/121352612739?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item1c412deb83) with a machine polisher and it works really well at getting scratches out.  I tried it the other day on a White Qashqai by hand with similar marks/scratches to yours and it worked really well.  It takes a little bit of work but hopefully it should work for you :)