Make a donation

Author Topic: Very interesting - APR care to explain?  (Read 24933 times)

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: Very interesting - APR care to explain?
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2009, 10:05:05 pm »
Jonny, this isn't the first time that you've posted an 'under-the-belt' comment about APR...!? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy of APR, but you really seem to have it in for them!! People on this forum, and I'm sure other forums too, seem to idolise you and treat everything you say as being like God's (obviously this is not your problem), but look at what its done in this thread...potentially two or three people have said that they would completely rule out using APR in the future. I know that it's up to them to decide and perhaps they have not made that decision from this thread alone but you could have gone about this a different way.

What was the point in this thread?? It was just to gain more public awareness of your dislike for APR and giving people more reason to get on your side! Why not just PM Keith on here...you knew he was on the forum! Then, if his response wasn't satisfactory you could have then perhaps have had a slight argument to make a topic about the subject. Instead, you chose to create a topic, which from the outset has created a bad feeling about APR, and has rubbished them as a company - through the use of your language and phrasing.

Get over your ego that you seem to have, grow up and just get on with whatever you want to do. If you don't approve, believe, or dislike the way that APR go about business then fine, thats completely up to you and you are entitled to your own opinion, but theres no point in creating a topic about them in such a derogatory manner! I understand that you were probably just trying to make the forum public more aware of the situation that you had discovered, and allowing APR to respond publicly so that everyone could see the truth...fair enough, but given your previous comments about APR, it seems like a cowardly way of trying to get other people to dislike APR like you do!

:happy2:

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2009, 10:21:42 pm »
Jonny, this isn't the first time that you've posted an 'under-the-belt' comment about APR...!? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy of APR, but you really seem to have it in for them!! People on this forum, and I'm sure other forums too, seem to idolise you and treat everything you say as being like God's (obviously this is not your problem), but look at what its done in this thread...potentially two or three people have said that they would completely rule out using APR in the future. I know that it's up to them to decide and perhaps they have not made that decision from this thread alone but you could have gone about this a different way.

What was the point in this thread?? It was just to gain more public awareness of your dislike for APR and giving people more reason to get on your side! Why not just PM Keith on here...you knew he was on the forum! Then, if his response wasn't satisfactory you could have then perhaps have had a slight argument to make a topic about the subject. Instead, you chose to create a topic, which from the outset has created a bad feeling about APR, and has rubbished them as a company - through the use of your language and phrasing.

Get over your ego that you seem to have, grow up and just get on with whatever you want to do. If you don't approve, believe, or dislike the way that APR go about business then fine, thats completely up to you and you are entitled to your own opinion, but theres no point in creating a topic about them in such a derogatory manner! I understand that you were probably just trying to make the forum public more aware of the situation that you had discovered, and allowing APR to respond publicly so that everyone could see the truth...fair enough, but given your previous comments about APR, it seems like a cowardly way of trying to get other people to dislike APR like you do!

Thanks for your little story  :smiley: but seriously again, I think your missing the point..

What's 'under-the-belt' about pointing out something that I have noticed, the fact that its an APR car means ZERO! Its 100% up to each individual, yourself included, here on the site to decide what they think for themselves, thats the whole point of a public forum..

Someone raises a point and then others discuss, and make their own minds up based on their own opinions, you take what you want from what you read.. Im hardly Derren Brown bending peoples minds?

I don't see why certain people are seeing this as a personal attack on APR? I pointed it out because it intrigued me more than anything.. Keith has now said that he's going to come back with the answer, which is all I was interested to see in the first place anyways? Its been blown WAY out of proportion..

And how does this post in any way relate to me personally? I think maybe thats another separate issue there. If you have an opinion on me personally, which it seems you do, then feel free to let me know all about it next time you have an opportunity to do so face to face..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2009, 10:25:59 pm »

If you have an opinion on me personally, which it seems you do, then feel free to let me know all about it next time you have an opportunity to do so face to face..

HA!!!

Jog on mate....stop trying to claim innocence, you know exactly why you posted it originally....to discredit APR.

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2009, 10:27:47 pm »
Mother Mary! Lets boil this down shall we:

Despite trying to back peddle and claim innocence, the wording of the original post and early posts by Johnny clearly indicate that he thought APR were altering the video based on Johnny's "infallible" knowledge of motor engineering.

Now whether that was his intention is clearly open for debate, however the wording leads a lot to be desired if this wasn't the case since although it wasn't specifically stated, it was obvious to be the underlying intention and therefore it certainly contributed to the heated discussion which has ensued!

I think Keith has been well within his rights to protest his case. Forums such as this are powerful marketing tools and when a firm's reputation comes into question it can quickly and easily affect people's opinions regarding said firm.

Although I don't contribute every day, I have been a member since the beginning and always stay ontop of the threads in the forum. Threads such as this only seem to be an excuse for Johnny to show off his knowledge of cars and engine mechanics. You seem to delight in showing off both your own car and knowledge of engine mechanics at every given opportunity in a way which is thoroughly vulgar in an under-hand way. There are plenty of individuals here who know things about car mechanics, as well as driving really nice examples of Golf's and S3's, yet they seem capable of acting without the ego, which is something you seem to lack!

Candy

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2009, 10:29:52 pm »

I wrote out to reply's this afternoon and ditched both of them after a lot of thought. I agree with you Chris and i think your thoughts on the thread are pretty much how i see it. I found it embarrassing for the forum and certainly not representative of most people on here.
I dont agree with your last paragraph though Chris i think Jonny is very mature for his age and 99% of the time his behavior and posts on here are exemplary and very respectful to all.
Part of the reason why we were hesitant about Keith posting was because we knew that a few  threads like this would appear  like in the USA, I am sure Keith thought we were strange and not welcoming but we wanted to try and protect the forum if we could.
Every tuner has its fanboys and indeed Jonny has lots, but thats not his fault.
And sure as eggs are eggs people being people are happy to throw mutual respect out of the window and start insults over nothing.

We simply wont allow this forum to turn out like lots of others even if it means making very unpopular choices.  :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2009, 10:47:15 pm »
HA!!!

I have no time for personal insults online, there completely pointless..

Despite trying to back peddle and claim innocence, the wording of the original post and early posts by Johnny clearly indicate that he thought APR were altering the video based on Johnny's "infallible" knowledge of motor engineering.

You seem to delight in showing off both your own car and knowledge of engine mechanics at every given opportunity in a way which is thoroughly vulgar in an under-hand way

You hardly need an 'infallible' understanding of 'car knowledge' and 'engine mechanics' to see that there is a disparity in the speedo to rpm in that video.. A pair of eyes would be enough!

And what's vulgar about having an in depth build thread on two cars, 90% of my posts are in them two threads.. If you find them vulgar then don't click on them.. And anyways, isn't that the point of a CAR forum? Share knowledge??

TC im more than happy to stop coming on the site if thats what your saying. The only reason I continued to post was because it was requested that I kept the S3 build up to date on here..

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2009, 10:52:27 pm »
:popcornsoda:  :popcornsoda: anyone got a giant bag spare???
any left :ashamed:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2009, 10:54:41 pm »
You must realise that most people aren't as astute as you when it comes to identifying exactly why things are like they are on cars. As far as they are concerned there could be a whole myriad of explanations. To claim that APR are somehow 'faking' the video is ludicrous and nothing other than your own opinion.

Jonny, its not vulgar to have the in-depth build threads themselves, personally I enjoy reading them! ...its the way you promote yourself and go about spreading your knowledge. Like Strat said, theres plently of other people that know about cars, but they seem to go about it in a more tactful way that is not patronising. The thing is, you don't do it in an obvious manner, it is all done subtly, meaning that you keep a lot of people 'loyal' to your threads and opinions, whereas people like us don't seem to fall for it!

My post was most definitley not a personal attack on you, it was merely stating my opinion. If you can't read my post without thinking it was a personal attack then I feel very sorry for you....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:58:00 pm by WhiteGTI »

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2009, 11:01:44 pm »
admins....

i think its time to lock this thread till keith wants to post his reply on tuesday.

this is pretty much self defeating now like the postal strike (which is really annoying me)

and i really don't want this forum to become something like Vortex across the pond where tuner bashing is an everyday occurence.

so...... its the weekend, everyone have a chill pill and beer and go out and do some driving in ur GTI!  :happy2:

Turrah.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2009, 11:03:31 pm »
admins....

i think its time to lock this thread till keith wants to post his reply on tuesday.

this is pretty much self defeating now like the postal strike (which is really annoying me)

and i really don't want this forum to become something like Vortex across the pond where tuner bashing is an everyday occurence.

so...... its the weekend, everyone have a chill pill and beer and go out and do some driving in ur GTI!  :happy2:

Turrah.

Lee you can trust me on this one, that will NEVER happen.

If the OP wants it locked then it will be locked.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2009, 11:04:02 pm »
admins....

Turrah.

Me too, but thats the way I perceived Jonny's post, and found it slightly unfair on APR.

I agree with you Lee, lets wait and see what Keith replies on Tuesday.

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2009, 11:04:08 pm »

TC im more than happy to stop coming on the site if thats what your saying. The only reason I continued to post was because it was requested that I kept the S3 build up to date on here..

My point wasn't very clear Jonny its not you i was eluding to i dont agree at all with Strats comments, you are always helpful to our members and i have never noticed once you being condescending or full of yourself about what knowledge you have.
My point is about the tone of threads and were they end up not his particular one.
I believe this Forum stands above most because most of the posting is mature and respectful, i am often amazed at how many young people we have on here like yourself and Chris who are very mature for there age.
But a few of us have noticed that recently the Mk 5 section has gone down hill a bit we are not getting our usual responses to posts and it seems to be spreading.  :booty:
My reference to making unpopular decision's was not pointed at any particular person or company what i meant was we work bloody hard to create a nice atmosphere in here and we will do are utmost to keep it just like that whatever it takes.  :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2009, 11:06:59 pm »
You must realise that most people aren't as astute as you when it comes to identifying exactly why things are like they are on cars. As far as they are concerned there could be a whole myriad of explanations. To claim that APR are somehow 'faking' the video is ludicrous and nothing other than your own opinion.

Jonny, its not vulgar to have the in-depth build threads themselves, its the way you promote yourself and go about spreading your knowledge. Like Strat said, theres plently of other people that know about cars, but they seem to go about it in a more tactful way that is not patronising. The thing is, you don't do it in an obvious manner, it is all done subtly, meaning that you keep a lot of people 'loyal' to your threads and opinions, whereas people like us don't seem to fall for it!

My post was most definitley not a personal attack on you, it was merely stating my opinion. If you can't read my post without thinking it was a personal attack then I feel very sorry for you....

Ok this is what I said (really wishing I hadn't bothered now)

So basically the conclusion that I have came to is that either its the car MASSIVELY over-reading or APR have fudged the video..

I don't think there is anything wrong with what I have said but obviously there is, so I should have worded it differently..

I apologize if all of my posts come across like I have some kind of ulterior motive.. But think about it, what good would that do me personally? None, so why would I bother, I wouldn't..

I was only referring to when you suggested  that I should get over my ego and grow up, that seemed pretty much aimed at me? ha..

I tell you what, ill buy a APR stage 3 kit and we'll call it quits?  :wink:

I say lock it and wait for Kieth to put an end to this madness  :rolleye:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2009, 11:09:59 pm »
Thread locked, please use the PM function if you feel the need to add anything further on this subject until Keith is ready to post his findings.