Make a donation

Author Topic: Not the best way to start a Friday  (Read 715 times)

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
Not the best way to start a Friday
« on: June 06, 2014, 01:05:40 pm »
On my way into work this morning and about 5 minutes away from the office I had a VERY minor shunt, by minor I literally tapped the car in front of me and was travelling no faster than than 2mph. It was so slow a Zombie could have shuffled faster – Dawn of the dead zombie (shambler) not 24 days later types. 

For those who know Bracknell, specifically the twin bridge roundabout. I had just come off the A3095 (Mill Lane), observed the new lane layout for the road works where the left lane is to turn left ONLY and the right to join the roundabout. I joined the roundabout traveling no more than 5 MPH but had to stop due to congested traffic, a taxi was trying to force his way into my lane cutting though the left coned off lane, I briefly looked left at the taxi driver and beeped my horn, during that 1-2 seconds the guy in front of me had to brake suddenly and I glided possibly even sauntered into him.

Although there was no impact noise the other driver wanted to inspect his car while on the roundabout but as the traffic was backing up I instructed him to pull into a petrol station a short distance down the road to check the cars over and if necessary exchange details. Upon inspecting his car the driver was happy there was impact related no damage and when I asked him, confirmed he had no neck pain.

Here’s the thing, and there may be nothing to it. He mentioned this was his first accident and was happy not to file a claim given there was no damage BUT if he chose to he wanted to ensure he was not out of pocket and benefited from the outcome.

I have informed my insurance company – so not opening a claim more for their information should the other party submit a claim for whiplash.

To make things worse and not connected in any way I managed to curb my offside rear alloy about 200 yards away from the office. Not a happy bunny!!
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Not the best way to start a Friday
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:14:34 pm »
Leave the car and take the rain home.  :wink:

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 02:07:17 pm »
Did you take photos at the time?

Just saying if he went home and took a baseball bat to his rear bumper it becomes your word against his in the event that he does claim.  Maybe I'm too cynical but I know I would have photographed both his and my car.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »
Always photograph at impacts

Hope nothing else comes of it.

You will have an accident but no claim registered on your Insurance File now as well.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 02:12:30 pm »
Did you take photos at the time?

Just saying if he went home and took a baseball bat to his rear bumper it becomes your word against his in the event that he does claim.  Maybe I'm too cynical but I know I would have photographed both his and my car.

+1.
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »
Photos were taken of his car and a sneaky video of him walking round.  :smiley:

In hindsight maybe i shouldn't have contacted my insurance company and it was only when i got off the call it clicked  :sad1:

Offline chris-182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 02:17:09 pm »
If you have photos of the car with no damage, i wouldnt worry about it pal. Its Friday, have a few beers tonight and forget about it  :drinking:

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »
If you have photos of the car with no damage, i wouldnt worry about it pal. Its Friday, have a few beers tonight and forget about it  :drinking:

:popcornsoda: :party: :party: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 05:54:05 pm »
Going to a few this evening for sure. I wasn't planning on heading into the office today but had to go in for an exit interview which was supposed to been on Monday.