Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi TTs / TT-rs injectors  (Read 12031 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Audi TTs / TT-rs injectors
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 10:43:53 pm »
S3 pistons are also uprated over Ed30 / Cupra.  Made of a different (stronger) alloy - to cope with increased combustion chamber temps and pressures.

I think the S3 runs a different compression ratio to the ED30 as well iirc.
Yup, slightly higher.  Which also adds to increased combustion chamber temps.

But I also recall that the S3 runs about a quarter bar (or was it 2psi) lower boost than other K04s such as the Eddy & Cupra - to offset the increased compression ratio.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »
They also run a larger wrist pin than the K03 engined cars.
Is this a yankie forum? :booty:  Stick to the Queens English - its a gudgeon pin! :P

RS4 injectors run around 15% more than the S3/ED30/Cupra injectors.  The main reason the RS4 injectors were used in the first place was due to the S3 ones not being available in the US as they dont have the S3.  They had to wait for the TTS to come out over there.  The only issue with the RS4 injectors is the spray pattern isnt perfect, but they still run ok and start up is ok too.
Oi - whadya mean the RS4 injector spray pattern isn't perfect?  Don't you go dissin my ride, dude!  :evilgrin:

Seriously, whats wrong with them?  Is it that the RS4 injector pattern doesn't suit the combustion chamber design of the 2.0 TFSI? :popcornsoda:
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 10:20:10 am »
Seriously, whats wrong with them?  Is it that the RS4 injector pattern doesn't suit the combustion chamber design of the 2.0 TFSI? :popcornsoda:

The RS4 injectors spray at an angle:

Some people suggest this can lead to starting and part throttle issues.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 11:34:22 am »
They also run a larger wrist pin than the K03 engined cars.
Is this a yankie forum? :booty:  Stick to the Queens English - its a gudgeon pin! :P

Wrist is easier so spell  :fighting2:  :booty:

RS4 injectors run around 15% more than the S3/ED30/Cupra injectors.  The main reason the RS4 injectors were used in the first place was due to the S3 ones not being available in the US as they dont have the S3.  They had to wait for the TTS to come out over there.  The only issue with the RS4 injectors is the spray pattern isnt perfect, but they still run ok and start up is ok too.
Oi - whadya mean the RS4 injector spray pattern isn't perfect?  Don't you go dissin my ride, dude!  :evilgrin:

I am sort of dissin your ride  :love:

As KRL has pointed out with the perfect picture.  They are not 100% suited to the 2.0 FSi combustion chamber design.  Looks like there is less overall spray to help with the air to fuel mixing?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 12:26:37 pm »

The RS4 injectors spray at an angle:

Some people suggest this can lead to starting and part throttle issues.
Thanks - very interesting.  Just goes to show the subtle differences in design requirements of differing inlet tracts and combustion chambers.

Anyone know the spray pattern of the TTRS injectors?
------

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:22 pm »

I am sort of dissin your ride  :love:

As KRL has pointed out with the perfect picture.  They are not 100% suited to the 2.0 FSi combustion chamber design.  Looks like there is less overall spray to help with the air to fuel mixing?
The air/fuel mixing is primarilly down to the swirl and tumble effects from the inlet manifold, ports and piston crown design.

I wonder if the wider spray angle of the two 2.0 TFSI injectors are more prone to bore washing?
------