Make a donation

Author Topic: Good indy garage in yorkshire or surrounding areas?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Good indy garage in yorkshire or surrounding areas?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 06:42:50 pm »
Nice. Did you have you fluid changed at same time, or just the brakes
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 10:03:56 pm »
Yep fluid also. Will be headed back though as my hel brake hoses have not arrived yet so will also have them fitted.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 01:46:12 pm »
Yep fluid also. Will be headed back though as my hel brake hoses have not arrived yet so will also have them fitted.

Yeah that is a great price then. Did you take your own brake fluid or did he use his. How many liters did it need and what brand did you go for?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »
Nope he used his not sure of the brand but it was Dot 4 and unsure of much  it needed  :laugh:

Going back on mon to get few bits and bobs sorted along with fog lights changed to the bright white led looking ones  :happy2:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 10:57:20 pm »
Nope he used his not sure of the brand but it was Dot 4 and unsure of much  it needed  :laugh:

Going back on mon to get few bits and bobs sorted along with fog lights changed to the bright white led looking ones  :happy2:

by the way, what brakes did you have fitted, S3/R32?

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 11:04:32 pm »
Nope went for brembo oem discs with ferodo ds2500pads on front brembo pads on rear

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 11:12:41 pm »
Nope went for brembo oem discs with ferodo ds2500pads on front brembo pads on rear

think ill be booking in for next weekend for my brakes fitting, cant wait for a bit of extra stopping power

Offline Carbon Goodies

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »
Has anybody used "German Marques" in Sheffield before? It's near Attercliffe.

I currently looking at where to have future servicing done in the near future and so far the favourite is Statller but German Marques is a little closer to Centertainment so it's easier to walk there and chill out for a while while work is completed on the car.

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 03:59:28 pm »
Never used them but i usually make the 50 mile trip and its worth it. Steve's a good guy and gave me and the mrs a lift to meadow hall while we waited for work to be completed  :happy2: