Make a donation

Author Topic: Jet wash and detailing help  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Jet wash and detailing help
« on: June 22, 2014, 09:48:18 pm »
Can anyone advise a decent one? Ideally with a snow foamer?

Also, can you advise a good place to buy detailing items, brushes, mits, buckets  shampoos, waxes, etc etc etc
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:58:34 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
Re: Jet wash and detailing help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:47:04 pm »
Hi mate your better off looking over on detailingworld as the question re which pressure washer would have been asked over and over.
Black Ed30

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pg1p0af5rsrv3lg1v53dc14mb7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 11:06:41 pm »
Iv got a Nilfisk and its great. TBH any "main brand" PW will be fine. Snowfoam lances are available all over the internet flea-bay etc.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »
I have an old one from Halfords which cost me £4  :grin: anyway its broken.

Know a lot people have got a Nilfisk, I was looking at karcher K4...........

Just looking for advise on whats best for quality/parts etc
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pg1p0af5rsrv3lg1v53dc14mb7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »
Coool

Karcher < Bit over priced for the ££?
Nilfisk < Get more for the money??

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 12:43:33 pm »
Also, is there someone on here who does MK5 deal on cleaning stuff?

Rich, do you that site to get your stuff?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 12:46:39 pm »
I would say so. Thats why I bought a Nilfisk, as the equivalent karcher was more expensive. The nilfisk hoses are a bit stiff. i bought a qwashers rubber hose off ebay and its excellent (15m long)

I have used that site quite a bit.  :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 12:49:23 pm »
Rich - what model do you have mate?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »
C130 i think  :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:54 pm »

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 10:46:30 am »
I just have a karcher k2 I think. The baby one was only £70 from B&Q it's more than good enough.

I use clean your car website for most of my stuff. Never had a problem
candy white edition 30

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Treat it mean and keep it clean!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 02:17:42 am »
tbh mate get a half decent pressure washer, and spend a bit more on some good quality cleaning products and definately get some decent polish and wax.
AutoGlym are good all rounders, not too expensive and the Super resin polish then HD Wax then extra gloss protection is the best routine i use... youll find yourself wanting it to rain to see the beading of the water!  :grin:
unfortunately the jetwash is just the start of cleaning your car...then the hard work begins!
if you havent clay barred it yet then i would highly recommend that first as you would be suprised at how much dirt is removed that isnt even visible!  :happy2:

Offline Hevoshullu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 08:36:41 am »

unfortunately the jetwash is just the start of cleaning your car...then the hard work begins!
  :happy2:

A well executed pre-wash is by far the most important stage of cleaning your car. A proper pressure washer with good flow of water (~10 liters/min) together with a good pre-wash agent (preferably snow foam) is key to washing the car safely. This stage will also remove pretty much all the dirt and grime on well maintained (ie. waxed/sealed) cars. If you are willing to invest on a decent pressure washer, I would suggest looking at the Kränzle line at the 500-700£ mark. Compared to them the K-series Kärchers feel like toy water pistols both in terms of build quality and power.

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Treat it mean and keep it clean!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 10:36:01 am »
theres no way you need to spend 500-700 to get a decent jetwash!  :signLOL: