Make a donation

Author Topic: original clutch?  (Read 1487 times)

Offline jreedy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: original clutch?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:52 pm »
Mine stated slipping stage1 55k miles on original and I bought car off a 65year old family friend who done nothing but pamper it ! It's all down to luck of the draw and possibly a better linear map. I'm now sachs organic stage2 with Loba Smf and it's awesome ! Expensive but worth it !

Where did you get your clutch kit from mate? What's the pedal feel like compared to standard?
Mk2 Inferi Black Cupra 3" Cobra de-cat/Milltek 3" cupra R zaust,Neuspeed Intake, Eibach's, Audi Daytona Grey Rims, Soon to be R-Tech tuned.

Offline Dallen75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
Mine stated slipping stage1 55k miles on original and I bought car off a 65year old family friend who done nothing but pamper it ! It's all down to luck of the draw and possibly a better linear map. I'm now sachs organic stage2 with Loba Smf and it's awesome ! Expensive but worth it !

Where did you get your clutch kit from mate? What's the pedal feel like compared to standard?
I had it fitted at jbs a couple of months ago, pedal is a fair bit firmer even though it has softened slightly ! Now it just kind of snaps in and out of gear and pedal whips out when accelerating hard and changing up. It makes the oem clutch feel like it was made from cardboard ! I don't do a lot of city or Motorway Driving so I went Smf just for something different really. Smf conversions and sitting in traffic would be a definite no no

Offline jreedy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 09:19:04 pm »

I had it fitted at jbs a couple of months ago, pedal is a fair bit firmer even though it has softened slightly ! Now it just kind of snaps in and out of gear and pedal whips out when accelerating hard and changing up. It makes the oem clutch feel like it was made from cardboard ! I don't do a lot of city or Motorway Driving so I went Smf just for something different really. Smf conversions and sitting in traffic would be a definite no no

Ok mate thanks for the info

JBS are only 5 mins away from me

If you don't mind me asking how much labour charges did they bill you with?
Mk2 Inferi Black Cupra 3" Cobra de-cat/Milltek 3" cupra R zaust,Neuspeed Intake, Eibach's, Audi Daytona Grey Rims, Soon to be R-Tech tuned.

Offline Dallen75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 07:03:14 am »

Ok mate thanks for the info

JBS are only 5 mins away from me

If you don't mind me asking how much labour charges did they bill you with?
The lads at jbs are sound, very informative and I can say out of all the high performance garages I've used over the years, they impressed me the most. So much so I will be travelling back over to them to do my k04 conversion in a couple of months. They charge £55 an hour mate and I was told 4 hours to do the clutch and flywheel, it was done in about 3 hours ! All in all,clutch plate, cover, flywheel, CSC and labour was £1250.