Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi RS3 & Audi S3 Crash.  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Audi RS3 & Audi S3 Crash.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:55:01 am »
 :sad1:

RIP to whoever lost their life at fault or not.. By the sounds of it though it was a passenger of the racing cars or someone in the corsa

Looks like the rs3 got off very lucky compared to the other cars
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:58:10 am by Pikey Motorsports »
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:28:31 am »
was just about to post about this.

The young couple in the Corsa have both been killed and the lads in S3 and RS3 have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The police reckon the Audi's were racing each other.

Its particularly hit home with me as its not too far from where I work. The young couple were 19 and 22 and appear to be totally innocent victims in all this.

I've read far too often on various motoring forums (this one included) of people boasting about "having a play" with other cars or blasting their cars on "private" Roads and fellow members pretty much giving Kudos.
The young couple who's lives have been ended so prematurely have paid the ultimate price for the actions of two mindless idiots who obviously didn't spare a thought for anyone else on the road.

Rich

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:51:44 pm »
Ye the RS3 is minimal damage in comparison to the S3 & Corsa LE.
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »
Very sad news. Im surprised there arent more crashes on the east lancs if im honest

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »
There is a time wnd a place for it.. 5pm is rush hour for a start
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 12:58:24 am »
I saw the exact same thing last year with a white S3 and a mini coopS both total write offs but by the looks of it had come over the flyover on York Rd in Leeds where the Benfield Ford dealer is, there was a merc and a rover sat at the lights and the 2 cars racing each other lost control and slammed into the back of both cars at the lights!! Fortunately by the looks of it no one was hurt but it could have been so much more serious.

Sorry if this offends anyone but the little chavs who owned the mini and S3, both baseball capped up, baggy jeans just under there butts and trainers which where more at home on a basketball court. Both where more interested in taking pictures of the damage than seeing if the people in the other cars where okay, police turned up quite quickly.

I was coming home from work and luckily was on the slip road onto the main carriageway 2 more minutes and it could have been me they hit.

My condolences go out to the 2 innocent people and there families

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 10:18:55 am »
Sorry if this offends anyone but the little chavs who owned the mini and S3, both baseball capped up, baggy jeans just under there butts and trainers which where more at home on a basketball court.

JoesGTI and T888OM. ?  :laugh:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:24:09 am »

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:29 am »
Even more terrible, if something can be more terrible after an event like this is the fact that the young innocent girl who died was a mother to a 3 yr old child. What an absolute waste of life and how sad a child will now grow up without his mum and all because of twats like that wanted to race their high performance cars on normal roads endangering others rather than really testing their skills (or lack of them) properly on a track. R.I.P

Offline Rporteo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 10:39:58 am »
Awesome gti posted this in their Facebook page the other day, they got a lot of flack off people telling them to remove it, their response stated that although they are in te business of adding performance modifications to cars they wanted to post it to show people the dangers of racing an driving like a lunatic. Hats off to them for having the balls to post and not fold to the peer pressure

Offline xBERTOx

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:46 am »
such a shame about the innocent couple. Reminds me of a crash i saw involving 2 idiots racing

A few years back, i saw 2 cars (nova and corsa) about 2pm in the afternoon, through a retail park, 30 limit doing about 7-80 mph. They slowed as they came to a roundabout and one when the correct way around, but decided to go all the way around and go back the way he came from. The other moron decided to go around the roundabout the wrong way, needless to say they hit each other and I was about 10 feet away walking along the pavement when it happened. I was on the phone at the time and the noise was so loud the wife thought I'd been hit, it didnt help to calm her down when I didnt reply to her yells as i was too busy pissing myself at their suprised expressions. The cars ended up about 10 feet apart and were total wrecks, i mean engines were hanging out and a total of 3 wheels had come off. I asked if they needed a witness and they both declined, so I called the police and left a statement. W@nkers

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 07:11:04 am »
Shocking but all too familiar story, why oh why in these cases is it always the innocent that seem to die?, seems this way with drink drivers too. Another example as to how fragile life actually is.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 09:01:23 am »
I am a little confused about the details - the article says the driver of the Corsa passed away, and the female passenger was in a critical condition? From the posts above I take it that she has since passed as well? RIP to the deceased and thoughts to those affected by the tragedy.

If the alleged were indeed driving like tools then I hope they get the book thrown at them. There is no place for dangerous driving on our roads, and even less for racing.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 12:46:39 pm »
RIP, very sad story.
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS