Make a donation

Author Topic: First Car, Info please  (Read 1032 times)

Offline bm_99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
First Car, Info please
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »
Morning all, so i guess the moment has finally come my little sister has passed her test (in November actually) and now we need to get her a car

I dont want to make the same mistake i did by going to main dealer and buying a peugeot 206, so been looking at so many cars.

Any help on how to get the insurance lower and what cars out of the following to focus on:

1) corsa
2) Fiesta
3) polo
4) 206
5) 306

Any others ive missed?

Also im not looking at french cars really even though ive already put them above as an option

cheers, all

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
Re: First Car, Info please
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:02:53 pm »
Toyota Yaris. Put your details into compare the market etc. and change things to see what brings down the insurance quote. Mother and Father on as named drivers, just Mother, just Father, parked on street, parked on the drive, parked in the garage, try fully comp with a voluntary higher excess as it's sometimes cheaper than third party, try anything to see what works for you at your particular postcode. Bear in mind that if you insure it as parked in a garage then it should be garaged, and it should be insured in the main drivers name (not mother insuring it and daughter driving it...).
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
Re: First Car, Info please
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:55:09 pm »
Corsa's & Fiesta's are both realiable & cheap to maintain as 1st cars but check insurance prices prior to buying, wouldn't touch anything French to many electrical faults.
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR