Make a donation

Author Topic: Yorkshire/North Detailers  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
Yorkshire/North Detailers
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:36:19 pm »
I've had my car about a month now and spent a couple of weekends cleaning it using the same method I have on previous cars (2 bucket wash with wash mitt, AG Clay Bar, AG Super Resin Polish and AG HD Wax). However there's a significant amount of swirls in the paint left after all this. I didn't get this with my previous cars, maybe they didn't show it as much as this one since it's black or maybe this has just been subject to poor car washes during it's life.

Anyway, after reading Jays awesome detailing thread on here I've worked out that machine polishing is the way to get rid of all the swirls and as much as I love looking after and cleaning my car I don't have the balls or anywhere indoors to attempt machine polishing it.

So, are there any recommendations of detailers in the North East/Yorkshire area for a correction detail? This might be a post for DW but thought there could be someone on here who could help?

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Yorkshire/North Detailers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »
Haven't used him myself but I've read a lot of good work from a company called Deeper Details.

http://east-yorkshire-detailing.co.uk/

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:45:58 pm »
whats your budget?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »
Haven't used him myself but I've read a lot of good work from a company called Deeper Details.

Cheers, I'll see what they say.

Not sure of what the average price is but wouldn't want to spend more than £250?

If it's going to be a lot more than that I might just have to invest in a machine polisher and have a go myself!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »
Where are you based?
I use deluxe detailing in aycliffe or
North east car care in Hartlepool

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:40 pm »

Cheers, I'll see what they say.

Not sure of what the average price is but wouldn't want to spend more than £250?

If it's going to be a lot more than that I might just have to invest in a machine polisher and have a go myself!

Doing it myself I can tell you that £250 is only going to cover one day, and that's based on what we would charge - like to think the prices we charge are some of the cheaper ones in the industry.
One day will still net you a huge reduction in swirls, it just depends what the particular companys "one day" is, whether that's literally a 9am start and drop tools at 5pm or if it's a case of drop it off on a Friday night, work from 7am till 11pm on it saturday and collect it Sunday morning like our £250 days generally go like!  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:24:04 am »
Haha, alright then maybe I need to alter my budget or look into getting my hands dirty and having a go myself.

I'll call a couple of places and get some prices.

I'm based in Bradford if anyone knows of other places.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 12:47:43 pm »
Haha, alright then maybe I need to alter my budget or look into getting my hands dirty and having a go myself.

I'll call a couple of places and get some prices.

I'm based in Bradford if anyone knows of other places.

Where abouts in Bradford are you? I live up in Wrose. Im not a professional detailer by trade, but i can get pretty stunning results from my DA. I would do you whole car top to bottom for around £150 plus the price of polish. Id also show you how to use a DA polisher yourself plus other detailing techniques.

Just as back-up if you cant get or find a professional to do it for you.

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:44 pm »
Ah cool, I'm over in Wibsey.

That'd be great if you're willing to do that as I'd love to learn how to do it myself.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »
Ah cool, I'm over in Wibsey.

That'd be great if you're willing to do that as I'd love to learn how to do it myself.

Bob me a PM with you mobile or email and we can talk further if you want.