Make a donation

Author Topic: Tuning company reviews - ADS / VolkService  (Read 4685 times)

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Treat it mean and keep it clean!
    • Email
Re: Tuning company reviews - ADS / VolkService
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:49 am »
Spot on mate, cheers  :happy2:
ill have a look into them as an option aswel, be good to get it on the rollers and see the true output they can get it to  :grin:
theres a place in poulton called pro tune aswel but ive never heard of them so not sure of their reputation tbh

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 03:27:59 am »
is GNJ motorsport in blackburn?

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 03:38:46 am »
is GNJ motorsport in blackburn?

Yeah. Well worth the extra 5 mins drive trust me. Wish I went there the day I bought my car, instead of bouncing round all the other tuners in our area looking for someone that's not out to "just" make money.

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 04:44:35 am »
how much do GNJ charge for a stage 1?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 04:45:38 am »
how much do GNJ charge for a stage 1?

Drop them a message on Facebook or give them a call, Mention me, they'll charge you more  :grin:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:12 am »
^wow that sig pic is big  :grin:

If your not happy with their answer, fill your tank up with V-Power, get a decent playlist on your iPod and take a road trip to R-Tech  :drinking:

People have driven 5hrs each way to get a map from R-Tech. Speaks volumes

Exactly.
People expect the good things to be close by and get scared of a bit of a drive... why?????

I drove 450 mile round trip for a 20 minute map tweak at Darkside Developments when I had my TDI.

Rtech are about 110 miles from me and it doesn't bother me one bit to be honest, besides let's say a Revo map is £500 and 2 minutes away but Rtech are £300 and a long way away... you'd need to be 1200 miles away to make it CHEAPER to buy a Revo map.. OK I understand perhaps not everyone wants to drive 5+ hours for a map but it makes sense... hence why I've waited over a year before mapping to get everything done right first time and go straight to stage 2

if you don't want to travel fine but prepare to pay more and perhaps not have the absolute best, although that being said many people are happy with their revo/apr map and that's fine for them :)

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 08:02:29 am »
:signLOL:

They are all about the big brands though, and keep flicking between Revo & APR dependant on who offers them the best deal.

They no nothing about proper engine tuning (or management of their inventory  :laugh:), only how to bolt on parts and sell people brands

Not quite sure who you're on about ADS or awesome

Frank at ADS has bailed Audi out on more than one occasion (and I don't just mean Audi Preston)  there is nobody out there that knows more about engine tuning and management than Mr Massey, his tool of the trade is an oscilloscope and I'm not kidding. he teaches teachers about about engine management

Awesome changed from REVO to APR once in the last 13 yeaars

Dave Massey is a mate, he knows his shnizzle

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 08:11:37 am »

They are all about the big brands though, and keep flicking between Revo & APR dependant on who offers them the best deal.

They no nothing about proper engine tuning (or management of their inventory  :laugh:), only how to bolt on parts and sell people brands

Frank at ADS has bailed Audi out on more than one occasion (and I don't just mean Audi Preston)  there is nobody out there that knows more about engine tuning and management than Mr Massey, his tool of the trade is an oscilloscope and I'm not kidding. he teaches teachers about about engine management

Dave gives great hugs too!  :love:

www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 08:39:46 am »
Not as good as yours big boy

(According to your Mrs) aherrrm......

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 10:49:10 am »
^wow that sig pic is big  :grin:

If your not happy with their answer, fill your tank up with V-Power, get a decent playlist on your iPod and take a road trip to R-Tech  :drinking:

People have driven 5hrs each way to get a map from R-Tech. Speaks volumes

Exactly.
People expect the good things to be close by and get scared of a bit of a drive... why?????

I drove 450 mile round trip for a 20 minute map tweak at Darkside Developments when I had my TDI.

Rtech are about 110 miles from me and it doesn't bother me one bit to be honest, besides let's say a Revo map is £500 and 2 minutes away but Rtech are £300 and a long way away... you'd need to be 1200 miles away to make it CHEAPER to buy a Revo map.. OK I understand perhaps not everyone wants to drive 5+ hours for a map but it makes sense... hence why I've waited over a year before mapping to get everything done right first time and go straight to stage 2

if you don't want to travel fine but prepare to pay more and perhaps not have the absolute best, although that being said many people are happy with their revo/apr map and that's fine for them :)

Exactly... in a TDI  signLOL

I know what you mean though mate and can see where your coming from but i want to use a local company so they can work on my car from standard upto however far i take it.
...support the local tuners  drinking

it will only be close by if i need any tweeks then  :happy2:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 10:58:45 am »

I was on about Awesome, Dave.

Can't comment on ADS, but if they are half as good as you say they are then I imagine they are more knowledgable than Awesome for the workings of an engine.

Awesome have a reasonable rep for bolting parts on (although they have made a mistake every time I've been to them), but if you ask them why your getting -7 timing pull at 4000rpm I don't think they would be able to explain why.  :signLOL:

I remember Awesome were APR when John'o on here had his mapped, then went to Revo, then went back to APR about 3-4yrs ago.
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline PhilGeezer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:56 am »

Sounds like i might have to go and have a chat with ADS  :happy2:
Does he do bespoke maps or use generic ones?

As for bailing Audi out.... They arent exactly the sharpest tools in the box! I used to valet for vw/audi and seat a few years ago (until direct valeting got their mitts on the contracts and took all the money out of it!  :fighting:) and we used to have a right laugh,, dont know who was worse the sales people, the managers or the mechanics there! They were always getting something wrong! absolutely clueless... luckily the people who bought audis werent exactly any smarter  :grin: