Make a donation

Author Topic: Depo lights help  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Andy1994

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Depo lights help
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:22:02 pm »
Hi looking for your opinions fitted my depo projector headlamps today and not too impressed with the light output during the day looking head on its hard to tell if they are actually ok or not and at night the lignt output is pretty bad using Mtec blue bulbs, just wondering if these seem ok? Or anything I can do to improve it without a hid kit also is the beam patter ok ie the kickup? There for rhd drive cars in the uk apparently so just want to make sure the kick up is ok

Seems to be a quite a dull patch right Infront of the car

Offline motogp46

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Depo lights help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 11:50:59 pm »
Hi. I fitted similar lights but ordered Philips X-treme bulbs (powerbulbs.com) and I was amazed how bright they were at night. I got free Osram sidelight bulbs and the entire set up is very, very good. Googling your bulbs throws indifference, so for £50, I'd recommend a change to the x-treme bulbs.

Offline mk5Eire

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:34:38 pm »
I had depos in my old mk5. Light output was shocking and the beam was scattered all over the place.

Lesson learnt I'll be sticking with hella for my next set of headlights. Now perhaps I just got a bad set because I have seen some good reviews for depo lights. But also some bad ones.

Maybe try some osram nightbreakers I find them an excellent bulb for light output. Crisp and clear

Sent from my iPhone that has issues.. Reception issues...

Offline SurreyED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:11 pm »
I have a hid kit unused if you want it, canbus error free.

I bought it with the intentions of buying rep Xenons but ended up buying genuine xenon headlights so these are no good to me now
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:32:36 am »
I think you need a HID kit, normal bulbs no mater how fancy will be crap output from projectors. The internal metal beam pattern guard thingy just cuts out so much light.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder