Make a donation

Author Topic: Anybody used VAS Works in Poole? Thinking of getting some work done there  (Read 7019 times)

Offline TurboHatchback

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
As the title really, I am thinking of getting my Cambelt and Water pump done there as they are relatively local and the prices seem reasonable. Has anyone on here used them and if so what were they like?

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
I know a lad who works there, no idea what they are like though  :happy2:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Redemption

Very friendly and helpful bunch.  :smiley:

Had my DMF replaced by them around a month ago and my Haldex oil service last week. Back there again this week to have the Transfer Box removed and stripped down. No complaints from me so far. Highly recommended.  :happy2:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
Don't know about them, but Hines VW in Ferndown are my regular independant. Good guys there. They just did my my cambelt, v-belt, waterpump and coolant change for around £440. Don't know how that compares price wise.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline TurboHatchback

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Fair enough, so long as nobody has heard any horror stories then I'll get that booked in.

Offline Dansmith

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
I use them, always very good and friendly, however this reminds me... I'm still waiting on them to get back to me

Offline TurboHatchback

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Well it was booked in for today and they turned out to be an utter shambles. All the staff seemed to drive barried up bangers with stretched tyres and ruined suspension etc which didn't fill me with confidence in their abilities to begin with. Despite me making it very clear in all communications that I absolutely needed a courtesy car, I arrived and they had sent them all out except one which was broken. I was promised one within 15 minutes, they just had to nip down the road to get some tax apparently, after 50 minutes of standing around I gave up in disgust and left as I needed to get to work. The net result was several hours of wasted time, some wasted petrol and me in a very bad mood and the work still needs doing.

So to summarise I would recommend avoiding them like the plague.

Don't know about them, but Hines VW in Ferndown are my regular independant. Good guys there. They just did my my cambelt, v-belt, waterpump and coolant change for around £440. Don't know how that compares price wise.

I might look into these and see if they are any better, alternatively it's off to the main dealers for me. An extra £100 to not have to deal with such shambolic organisation and timewasting plus a main dealer invoice is now looking like a bargain.

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
All the staff seemed to drive barried up bangers with stretched tyres and ruined suspension etc

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Dansmith

• Taking part
  • Thank You
It doesn't sound like them on normal form, They have always been very good to me! and normally they are all driving tricked out transporters and one of the guys had a well pimped out 8p S3

Everyone has off days I guess and I'm sure the guys at VAS will work it out. there is a place in christchurch as well that I was reccomended, It's right near christchurch tyres 20% discount with facebook apparently https://www.facebook.com/Advancedautorepairsltd?fref=ts

Offline Dansmith

• Taking part
  • Thank You
Ohh and I used Hines in the past... very good however Poole audi (had an S3 at the time) used to be cheaper than them! very expensive!!!!!

Offline infernalant

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • 'Captain Lurk'
Ohh and I used Hines in the past... very good however Poole audi (had an S3 at the time) used to be cheaper than them! very expensive!!!!!

I can also vouch for Hines in Ferndown. My GTI has been serviced by them since 2006. Very knowledgeable & helpful.

hope you get it sorted asap

INSTAGRAM : BLUNTSTEAKKNIFE>

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!

I can also vouch for Hines in Ferndown. My GTI has been serviced by them since 2006. Very knowledgeable & helpful.

hope you get it sorted asap

Yeah, I've used Hines for a few years now, they are good guys there. I wouldn't agree about them being expensive though, they have always been very competitive for me. Much cheaper than a main dealer!
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Redemption

It doesn't sound like them on normal form, They have always been very good to me! and normally they are all driving tricked out transporters and one of the guys had a well pimped out 8p S3

Everyone has off days I guess and I'm sure the guys at VAS will work it out. there is a place in christchurch as well that I was reccomended, It's right near christchurch tyres 20% discount with facebook apparently https://www.facebook.com/Advancedautorepairsltd?fref=ts

Advanced Autos are a professional bunch. Had my main service, MOT etc done by them a few months ago. They're actually on a different industrial estate to Christchurch Tyres even though the map shows it quite close.

Offline ajwhite12

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1

You can get cambelt and water pump change at your local dealer for £499 on a fixed pricing. The cambelt is a pain on the gti with the driveshafts having to be popped out etc.

Offline ajwhite12

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
has any had there gti mapped at vas works?