Make a donation

Author Topic: Rumour: VAG talks to buy Fiat Chrysler  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Rumour: VAG talks to buy Fiat Chrysler
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:21:01 pm »
It would mean adding Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram to the existing portfolio of Audi, Ducati, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, MAN, Scania, SEAT, Skoda and Volkswagen.

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/rumor-volkswagen-group-talks-acquire-fiat-chrysler-says-germanys-manager-magazin-reports/

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Rumour: VAG talks to buy Fiat Chrysler
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 10:34:51 pm »
I kinda hope they don't buy out Fiat. The Germans do "efficiency" and "built for purpose" very well, but generally don't have the character of the Italians (perhaps excepting AMG and Porsche). Plus having Ferrari and Lambo in the same stable is not good for either brand.

Then again, it would be better to have Fiat, Ferrari and Maserati under the VAG umbrella than not have them at all.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Rumour: VAG talks to buy Fiat Chrysler
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:39 am »
Now that is going to take some sorting out. VW will have a hard time trying to get anything from Fiat unless they're planning on upsetting a few people (which I suppose is to be expected in business). Fiat apparently turns over close to £70 billion a year, so there's got to be some massive cash pot at VW to buy them out. Fiat are massive really.

Be hopes VW make a better shot of buying Fiat than the did of buying Rolls Royce.  :laugh:
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.