Make a donation

Author Topic: dsg or manual  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: dsg or manual
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 01:01:56 pm »
I wander how many people drive a Ferrari or lambo and say, i wish it was manual because manuals are so much more involving.   :confused:

If you want to change gear yourself use the paddles.  Blasting down a lane or track using the paddles is immense, so much more control and speed available to you IMO.

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 06:03:18 pm »
dsg is for people who cant drive  :P

im pritty sure no dsg car will be helping them on there gear changes with my twin disc clutch and wotbox setup now with shortshifter and transmission mounts, now the clutch has sorted itself out the gearchanges are savage.. lol i respect dsg though very quick changes with no sacrifices of a race car clutch etc.. itis great for a daily drive, but manual for me
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 08:37:46 pm »
Dsg for me all those times in the past iv been giving it some adrenalin going short shifting and bang crunched 3rd and he's gone,  iv been using mine in manual and it's awsome it's simply epic to me for fast shifts but I know why people love the involvement of a manual to

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »
Dsg for me all those times in the past iv been giving it some adrenalin going short shifting and bang crunched 3rd and he's gone,  iv been using mine in manual and it's awsome it's simply epic to me for fast shifts but I know why people love the involvement of a manual to

Tut tut tut :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

PokerProMuzza

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 05:46:40 pm »
I can honestly say after owning a GT170bhp Golf MK5 (DSG)    I swore i would never ever have a manual car again. Yet when i got the DSG i thought it would be poor surprised. It was epic too drive i learnt all its charateristics in D mode and S mode knew it like the back of my hand And swore all my life i would never get a automatic car... How they have changed is beyond me. Takes a little getting use too but i can honestly say hand on heart i could drive a DSG much faster round some curlies with loads of confidence. I then bought a 57Reg Audi S3 (8p) which was manual it drove me mad having too change gear and as for handling in all honesty let god be my witness there was not much in it.. Everytime i drove my S3 i said god i wish this was DSG. I now want a edition 30 (DSG) Stage 3  :driver:

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 05:56:15 pm »
been a while since i've read one of these threads. It's actually very civil, which bodes well for any future R32 vs Ed 30 threads!  :evilgrin:

PokerProMuzza

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »
been a while since i've read one of these threads. It's actually very civil, which bodes well for any future R32 vs Ed 30 threads!  :evilgrin:

Come on there isn't really much contest. Edition 30 all day.  :party:

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 06:44:29 pm »
Some nice Ed30's in the for sale section   :wink:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 02:33:05 pm »

Come on there isn't really much contest. Edition 30 all day.  :party:

Depends on the colour mate. Everyone knows Tornado red is the fastest colour on the GTI, and blue is the fastest colour on the R.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline P3T3R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • 05 GTI, R-Tech stage 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,82245.0.html
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 04:46:10 pm »
I love my DSG especially as it is a daily driver, great for those rush hour drives sitting in stop start traffic, don't think I could have a normal automatic box though. I would pick DSG 9 times out of 10. The only thing I miss about manuals is dipping the clutch to let the engine roar (but that is just the boy racer in me :rolleye:

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 04:54:26 pm »
Once you go DSG, you don't wanna come second  :innocent:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:41 pm »
The only thing I miss about manuals is dipping the clutch to let the engine roar (but that is just the boy racer in me :rolleye:)  

I'm exactly the same - I only miss being able to blip the throttle at times, and being able to skip gears up & down the box. Other than that, very happy indeed. And so pleased I don't need to change the clutch when I turn up the power  :evilgrin:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:38 pm »
I just find with the DSG it's so much more relaxing to drive. When I'm just commuting or sitting in traffic I'm not after driving involvement I just want something smooth and easy. When you want to turn things up a bit there's launch control, paddles and sport mode! Don't think I'd go back to a manual.
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline cupra_ahhh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 01:35:11 pm »
I own a fl Cupra and love the manual gearbox, however, since taking a scirocco R DSG out, I've pined for one ever since. In my opinion, the gearbox is sublime and a masterpiece. I would have it over a manual in a heart beat, but the Cupra didn't come with that option in the model.

As mentioned already above, you're going to get many different responses to your question. It's purely down to you. Most of my driving is motorway and usually only at weekends, but as there are so many b4stard speed bumps everywhere and congestion, it's a ball ache to be continually up and down on the clutch.
WANTED - VAG-COM GUY IN KENT / BROMLEY AREA
350bhp Stage 2 APR, BCS sports cat & downpipe, neuspeed p-flo kit.