Make a donation

Author Topic: Why so much hate for air suspension?  (Read 6397 times)

Offline DomBacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Why so much hate for air suspension?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 06:51:37 pm »
My edition30 is on air ride now and I've tried out a few sets of coilovers on it and air beats all of them
I like the way you can set it to what ever you want, if you want it hard or soft
Still drive around with my wheels tucked in the arches no problem
Always self levelling
If I hit a hard left corner, the right bags will fill up more, if I slam the brakes on the front bags fill up
I'd recommend it to anyone over coilys any day!

Offline George10

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 06:53:25 pm »
For me, its just the biggest waste of money you can spend on a mod. All your doing is making the car a bit lower? How does that justify £2000+?

That could be spend on some serious mods,  whether it be Big Turbo conversion, a really decent set of coilovers, 4 brand new tyres, brand new TBE, BBK....etc...
So everything you've listed there is something you would do? Maybe most people don't care about doing
A turbo upgrade. Quite a few show cars are running some serious power so they have the best of
Both worlds.

As people have Said it's not for everyone's taste , but it's the mod they've chosen, especially for a show car as it's the  best mod you can do.

Im not actually sure what the point of this topic is, you ask people to tell you why there is so much hate, we tell you and then you defend it  :stupid: :stupid:

What do you want people to say?

And plus, having Air is not best of both worlds. a Big turbo, BBK and KW V3's coil-overs is  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:
I'm defending it because you said you could buy a big turbo etc, maybe people don't want that. Bbk, most of the show cars have big brakes, turbos etc.

All I'm saying is people slate it without experiencing it.

I understand that people won't like It and people prefer coils but there's so much hate for air  :grin:

Offline George10

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 06:54:28 pm »
My edition30 is on air ride now and I've tried out a few sets of coilovers on it and air beats all of them
I like the way you can set it to what ever you want, if you want it hard or soft
Still drive around with my wheels tucked in the arches no problem
Always self levelling
If I hit a hard left corner, the right bags will fill up more, if I slam the brakes on the front bags fill up
I'd recommend it to anyone over coilys any day!
:congrats:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 06:58:03 pm »
^^^^ See, just agreeing with people who like. The main problems is so much money for very little in return. Yes if it was £500 it might be worth it if you you dont want performance.

As it stands now its just for shows queens and people who think they look cool.  :drinking:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »
I don't know why you care what people think.

Choose your mods, spend your money and don't try and seek justification from others and don't care if they don't like it.

I am sure my next mod will raise a few eye brows too but am Not doing it to try and win a willy measuring match? No. I am doing it for me.  :happy2:

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 06:59:44 pm »
Most people, men especially have been conditioned sub consciously, to lust over cars that are low,formula 1, sports cars, etc. Why do you think manufacturers drawings of concept cars and production cars always have oversize wheels, rubber bands for tyres and ground scraping stance, but when the cars are built for sale you look at them and think,wtf, with its skinny wheels and ride height that would put a land rover to shame. Its just natural to want to put wide wheels and lowered suspension on it. Let's be honest do most people on here with lowered cars, air, or coilovers, drive like they are Lewis Hamilton on a formula 1 track every day, no, most just like the look of it.

Offline George10

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 07:01:10 pm »

Choose your mods, spend your money and don't try and seek justification from others and don't care if they don't like it.

I am sure my next mod will raise a few eye brows too but am Not doing it to try and win a willy measuring match? No. I am doing it for me.  :happy2:
I don't give a sh*t what people think I just think it's underrated.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 07:03:54 pm »

I am sure my next mod will raise a few eye brows too but am Not doing it to try and win a willy measuring match? No. I am doing it for me.  :happy2:
I don't give a sh*t what people think I just think it's underrated.

Ok that's fine. But you'll be here until the sun dies out trying to convince the masses.  :P

Offline DomBacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »
To be fair yeah it does cost a bit but it's defo worth it
I got sorted out and saved about £1200 anyways

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 07:09:57 pm »
Because it looks sh*t, looks like the car belongs in McDonalds car park and just looks f**kin chavvy
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 07:50:51 pm »

Before you all  go on about handling etc it has been proven to be better than coils (accuair proved this on their s4)

LOL.
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »
Because it looks sh*t, looks like the car belongs in McDonalds car park and just looks f**kin chavvy

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline George10

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:58 pm »
Haha mature in put there, but suppose your name says it all. Chavy and in a car park?  :grin: what a dick!

Offline George10

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 08:48:26 pm »

Before you all  go on about handling etc it has been proven to be better than coils (accuair proved this on their s4)

LOL.
Another great input  :congrats:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 09:06:08 pm »
George, you like it and thats great. Some people including myself dont. Its no problem that we disagree, thats what makes the world fun.

I doesnt need to be highly rated by other for you to like it. Enjoy what you have bought.