Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 38 or VW action at santa pod?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline anduhchunkymonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89848.msg908281.html#msg908281
Edition 38 or VW action at santa pod?
« on: July 16, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »
Hello
Just seen that both of these shows are on at the same weekend which is a bit poor seeing as they're both big VW shows and quite close! Jut wondering which one would be best to go to? Are many people on here going to either?
Andy

dansmith180

Re: Edition 38 or VW action at santa pod?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:55:13 pm »
Santa pod for me, E38 is full of cocks, people stealing from other car fans and all sorts of sh*t.

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:57:17 pm »
^^^^  :signLOL:

Made me chortle out loud.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:18 pm »
VW action as my car is not on air, does not have rotiforms with poke and seems capable of sub 4 seconds 0-60 with just a remap so would be rude not to and i am way to old to wear a baseball cap with a flat peak tilted to one side

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:39:21 pm »
I might attend VW Action instead of Edition 38 myself. Need to discuss this with the miss.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 11:51:16 pm »
Edition 38 is a bit of a balls out.

The show is great and there's so much to see and do, 2 full days is a bit much but you'd be hard pressed to get around it all in a day, you need two days really.

However very seriously considering only doing one day, camping there is a nightmare, did it last year.

Mates car got pissed (yup really) on as was another mates tent.
Anothers had a massive tree branch thrown on their tent would have injured them had they been sleeping in the other compartment.
Toilets are a right state i held my poo in all weekend.
Massive hoo-har / riot surrounding a security guard who got provoked and crashed into a persons car
Both Friday and Saturday night you're surrounded by what appear to be 16 year olds being drunk for the first time

I'm a boring non drinker and don't cope well in loud drunkey environments - GTI International was the last show I camped at and that was pretty quiet all things considered of an evening people were having a few drinks/BBQs, small pockets overall, but nothing loud and nothing antisocial, pretty much quiet by 11... didn't feel unsafe etc, unlike Edition where you have idiots red lining their cars till 3 am with hardcut limiters and as mentioned parts being nicked off cars, normally things like BBS center caps and splitters that are not fitted properly or easily removable.

Luckily where we got to Edition on Friday at like 2pm we got prime selection of camping spots and we moved the fence so we could camp right in the very bottom of the hill away from the majority of the fuss, there were also pretty clean (usable) toilets 2minute walk away if needed.

Show itself is great as it's literally the closest thing you'd ever get to Worthessee in the UK , as people all over Europe and I've spoken to some Americans too, come over just for the event.. some of the European stuff blows every UK car out of the water.. so it's great to see.. but bear in mind the caveats of the weekend... may get a hotel.....

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:05:35 am »
VW action as my car is not on air, does not have rotiforms with poke and seems capable of sub 4 seconds 0-60 with just a remap so would be rude not to and i am way to old to wear a baseball cap with a flat peak tilted to one side

hahahahahhaa  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Someone who hates chavvy cars just as much as me
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 01:42:28 pm »

hahahahahhaa  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Someone who hates chavvy cars just as much as me

i think the class of cars at Ed38 is stunning on the whole and whilst bags are not my thing some of the attention to detail when done properly is superb and these guys aren't chavs, all be it Ed38 does attract the Chav element

Offline anduhchunkymonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89848.msg908281.html#msg908281
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 07:09:27 pm »
Oh dear I was thinking of doing one on the sat and the other on the sunday, I have a banging sub and if i invest in a few gold chains with a 90's tracksuit i might just fit in with the edition 38 crowd by the sounds of it! Is it really that bad? oh and xjay13337 how did you hold a poo with all of that sh*t going on (excuse the pun)! Thanks for the replies guys

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 10:26:55 pm »
The more I look at it, the more I think I'll do VW Action.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!