Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone from Aberdeen?  (Read 910 times)

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
Anyone from Aberdeen?
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »
I'm due to move up Aberdeen next month as I've got myself a new job but, I don't know where to start!

Anyone know what areas are good and where to avoid?

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: Anyone from Aberdeen?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »
Your pay will probably dictate where you will be staying as prices are mad here in Aberdeen! Around £700+ Per month for a semi decent 1 bedroom place, and if you are looking to buy most places are selling much higher than the asking prices.

What part of Aberdeen will you be working in? Traffic is also mad here so best to get somewhere close to or on the same side of Aberdeen as your work.

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:26:21 pm »
Your pay will probably dictate where you will be staying as prices are mad here in Aberdeen! Around £700+ Per month for a semi decent 1 bedroom place, and if you are looking to buy most places are selling much higher than the asking prices.

What part of Aberdeen will you be working in? Traffic is also mad here so best to get somewhere close to or on the same side of Aberdeen as your work.

I've noticed  :sick:! Well I'm an apprentice for 3 years so money will be a bit tighter so ideally looking at a small flat/room until i finish and then get a mortgage on a house. Seen a few rooms in Torry but, heard its pretty rough?

I'll be working right at the harbour, think its called north esplanade west.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:58 pm »
That's pretty much in the city center so something central or torry would be ideal for you.

The days of torry being overrun by junkies is well gone it's mostly Eastern Europeans that live there now.

Will probably be lots of flat shares/bedsits in those areas too