Make a donation

Author Topic: Nurburgring  (Read 2605 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
Re: Nurburgring
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 12:41:54 am »
Sort the Brakes out & a proper alignment...also I think you need a helmet at the ring so don't forget that too

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 09:24:25 am »
The main things summarised.

Make sure the car is 100% fresh and safe.

A GTI is fine on stock brakes, the driver is the problem - you'll be over-braking and turning in too early, as everyone does for a good 20 laps until you get some sort of idea where you are on circuit.

You almost certainly are not insured, this doesn't just affect you stacking your car, but if you take out a GT3 RS or kill a biker - you're liable for that too. My TF days are over for this very reason, I only do trackdays or rentals which come with insurance options.

You should maybe go with a view to enjoying the road trip over in yours, and then pick up a rental for driving on the Ring, such as Rent4Ring or RentRaceCar.
Sideways yo!

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 09:41:19 am »
The main things summarised

You almost certainly are not insured, this doesn't just affect you stacking your car, but if you take out a GT3 RS or kill a biker - you're liable for that too. My TF days are over for this very reason, I only do trackdays or rentals which come with insurance options.

Is this not the same for everyone though, like enter at your own risk sort of thing? or is it if the inevitable does happen your actually liable. :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 12:20:50 pm »
No, in the eyes of German law on TF days it's a toll road. They're all covered fully comp as part of their insurance, and normal road rules apply - we're subject to exclusions and clauses, so if you risk it and have an incident, you're really in deep ****.
Sideways yo!

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 12:54:04 pm »
a lesson learned, i had no idea. think i'd wait for a track day.

anorganix

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »
As for tht diesel geeks SS, looks like a nice Pc of kit. Guess it's shipped from the US? Any other UK alternatives to the DG SS?

There is a UK online shop that sells it for 250 quid, can't remember which one at the moment.
Later edit: found it; sold by BDM - click here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:47:05 am by anorganix »

Pops

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 07:11:56 pm »
Hi Gobblespeed. Please can you pm about your golf for sale? Need to ask you some questions as may be interested! Thanks

Offline RedED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 04:36:07 pm »
It's not just when you go. Provision for when you get back.

As a minimum i would go with, new, known tyres that i have some confidence in. The Ring is that large you can get between 2-3 corners and have blazing sun to rain, so get a good allround tyre that YOU know are good. Provision to be replaced when you return.

At a minimum for brakes i would disks, new fluid, performance pads and uprated hoses - provision for the discs and pads to be replaced when you return.

Geo check, check your tracking, camber, caster to ensure you have a straight car.

Breakdown insurance. Cash for laps, a go pro, ears to listen to the locals and for other users.
Revo Stage2 - With Linear Throttle
Revo DSG
BCS Turboback Powervalve - This is a must.
ITG Closed Intake.. wooosh

Here to enjoy and help, with a hint of sarcasm, please do not be offended