Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R mk7  (Read 11060 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: Golf R mk7
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »
Not sure ill check tomoz but would have thought 30 something mpg. Got a TMC box to go on until theres a stage 2 map out from Revo or GAIC so should be fun.

Exhaust is spot on but these cars are ALOT louder than the previous model. I have a full resonated system and its still louder than my Cupra with a non res decat system. Got a titanium one going on soon and ive asked for bigger silences its mad tbh. Sounds awesome round town but a bit long in the tooth on a run.

Not sure wether its the engine noise been played into the cabin that makes them so loud, could do with a vagcom expert disabling the soundaktor thingy if theres any takers?

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »
Not sure ill check tomoz but would have thought 30 something mpg. Got a TMC box to go on until theres a stage 2 map out from Revo or GAIC so should be fun.

Exhaust is spot on but these cars are ALOT louder than the previous model. I have a full resonated system and its still louder than my Cupra with a non res decat system. Got a titanium one going on soon and ive asked for bigger silences its mad tbh. Sounds awesome round town but a bit long in the tooth on a run.

Not sure wether its the engine noise been played into the cabin that makes them so loud, could do with a vagcom expert disabling the soundaktor thingy if theres any takers?

You can disable the sound actuator yourself. There's a plug under the plastic scuttle panel that you can disconnect

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 09:59:12 am »
I disconnected the soundaktor (temporarily) in my mk6 R and even with a non-res milltek, I thought the 4-pot sounded very plain jane.. I missed that emulated vr6 sound  :confused:  :grin:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:47 am »
Anyone got a photo of what I'm disconnecting under the scuttle panel? Cheers.

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 12:06:37 pm »
Not got a picture but this explains it. Got this off the Rforum

Just lift the bonnet, pop off the right hand bit of trim up by the wipers, unplug the grey plug right in the centre of the bottom of the windscreen which goes into the half visible round speaker type device and hey presto - done. I googled and found a guide, it's a really simple job.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 08:05:08 pm »
Yeah sorted it mate dead easy actually :happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:29 pm »

Just lift the bonnet, pop off the right hand bit of trim up by the wipers, unplug the grey plug right in the centre of the bottom of the windscreen which goes into the half visible round speaker type device and hey presto - done. I googled and found a guide, it's a really simple job.

Is this likely to flag a soft vcds fault code?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 11:13:07 pm »

Is this likely to flag a soft vcds fault code?

Nothing shown up on my mk6 since I disconnected my 'soundaktor' 6 months ago  :happy2:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here