Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Selector plate and gear knob  (Read 751 times)

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
DSG Selector plate and gear knob
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:45:27 pm »
Does anyone know if the PRND plate from the bottom of the DSG selector mechanism is available as a spare part? Mines looking tatty so want to dress it up for sale.

I've seen an R32 mechanism for £100, but I only want the brushed plate.

Also, is it possible to replace the gear knob?
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
Re: DSG Selector plate and gear knob
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »
Short answer...No. looked to replacing mine due to a few scratches and VW will sell you the whole selector unit roughly £300 and breakers tend to do the same. Look at getting it flocked, about £30 or wrap it in whatever film you like.

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:22:12 pm »
Short answer...No. looked to replacing mine due to a few scratches and VW will sell you the whole selector unit roughly £300 and breakers tend to do the same. Look at getting it flocked, about £30 or wrap it in whatever film you like.

Thanks for that. Makes this look bargainous then! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251592413362

Might have a stab at hydro dripping it.
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:31 pm »
Yeah, they come up quite often for that sort of money. Then factor in what a bitch of a job it is to swap the whole lot over, unless you just change the surround. Like the hydro thing too, might take a look at that too  :happy2: