Make a donation

Author Topic: Symmetry shoot  (Read 15110 times)

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Symmetry shoot
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »
one word, wow!  :notworthy:

What camera did you use? and how much did the front and back bumper cost you?

When asked "What would the dogs bollocks look like with four wheels" VW designed the golf gti.

Offline p3asa

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 10:35:07 pm »
I used to take pictures (haven't for a while) and always just laughed when folk asked me what camera I had.  :grin:
As really at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you have unless you need to do be doing something like 10 frames per second!!

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 07:35:12 am »
Dude I'm an amature photographer and am looking upgrade my d40 and am looking for a DSLR that's good for night photos as my current camera has to much noise in the dark for my likeing. And to say that it doesn't matter what camera you have, I'm sure wouldn't go down to well with the proffessionals that spend well into the thousands on theirs lol.  :happy2:

When asked "What would the dogs bollocks look like with four wheels" VW designed the golf gti.

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:54 pm »
Superb shots. Very atmospheric and brooding - I'll have a look through the hires stuff after lunch.

@Mr Pap, Canon 5d Mk2 or maybe a Nikon D300s. Both have superb high ISO performance, but the Canon offers a full-frame sensor (<3 fullframe) vs. the Nikon's APS-C.

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »
@Mr Pap, Canon 5d Mk2 or maybe a Nikon D300s. Both have superb high ISO performance, but the Canon offers a full-frame sensor (<3 fullframe) vs. the Nikon's APS-C.

Good work, yet upgrading would hopefully be to something like the d90 price range, yet as that model has been out for a few years inevitably a new one should come along soon, so I guess i'll wait till then.

Offline p3asa

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 05:20:57 pm »
Dude I'm an amature photographer and am looking upgrade my d40 and am looking for a DSLR that's good for night photos as my current camera has to much noise in the dark for my likeing. And to say that it doesn't matter what camera you have, I'm sure wouldn't go down to well with the proffessionals that spend well into the thousands on theirs lol.  :happy2:

I wasn't having a dig. Only stating it used to amuse me.
I'd still argue that buying a camera worth thousands wouldn't guarantee any better pictures. It still needs to be composed and metered properly.

A good photographer should be able to take good pictures with a £50 camera.
And similarly a person with no camera experience isn't going to take better pictures going from a £50 camera to a £2000 camera.

Offline kbish73

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: stunning photos top job!!!!!!!
3dr 2006 gti steel grey 18" monzas sunroof cruise control parking sensors,giac stage1,miltek cat back,Pannel filter,tarrox discs .....

Offline da_ansa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 01:53:37 pm »
Had a quick shoot of my GTI in a local car park after a DIY detail job. The detail took me 6 hours (and a couple of fag breaks) to do, so I wasn't going to let it get dirty without a having a few pics.

1920 wide wallpaper versions are here: http://www.illektronik.com/vwgolf/illektronik's_GTI_B%26W_1920.zip

Think ive found my new wallpaper for work  :grin: :grin:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:11 pm »
^^^
Wow what thread revival!!!

But glad you did as those photos are  :drool: :drool: :drool:

illektronik if you visit this thread again can you please either update the link to the full res pics or email them to me, they would be amazing wallpapers :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline JimmyC92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88339.msg896687.html#msg896687
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
Some great photos and a cracking looking motor! Nicely done my friend!
Looking for some BBS CH/LM Reps to swap for my Classix plus cash your way:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,91888.msg924311.html#msg924311

Offline Stevie Steve

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »
Being a bit of a photo nut myself and this may have been answered already. The camera not really matter. Its all in the set up.

A tripod/still camera will help the most. Then the noise (from high ISO) will be non existent as you can choose 100.
Plus you can have a narrow aperture f8 f16 etc to get more in focus
Also the exposure at night be a few seconds - but no matter as its on the tripod/wall/bag etc

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »
stunning :congrats:
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making