Make a donation

Author Topic: Bumper not sitting flush, steering wheel light on dash  (Read 1388 times)

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Bumper not sitting flush, steering wheel light on dash
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »
MK5 GT Sport TDi

The car was fine until i unbolted the postive battery terminal to attach a feed to my amplifier. Now ive got an amber steering wheel on the dash showing up, been for a drive and its not cleared itself?

Also the bumper doesnt sit flush as below, the plastic clips on the bumper that hold the mount plate have broken at the top, aside from a new bumper is there anyway i can fix this?

Ive not got vagcom or any sort of diagnostics as my vcds lite doesnt work with it :(

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: Bumper not sitting flush, steering wheel light on dash
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:51:06 pm »
Might be worth checking fuses as well, just in case? Most likely you'll need someone to clear the fault for you.

As for the bumper, probably very little you can do apart from attempt to super glue the clips back on?

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Bumper not sitting flush, steering wheel light on dash
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »
Yeah seems to drive fine, ive got an abs sensor out so the abs and the skidding car light is on, i was thinking because ive had the battery off the steering cant read all 4 wheels? Sounds daft I know. It feels very twitch to drive and the steering doesnt feel as responsive and firm. cheers