Make a donation

Author Topic: My 2006 GT Sport TDi  (Read 6369 times)

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
My 2006 GT Sport TDi
« on: August 02, 2014, 02:10:55 pm »
Only had it just over a week, it came as you see, aside from ive fitted FK AK Street Coilovers, black headlights, plastidipped the middle grills, SMD bulbs in the fogs and sides and rear plate lights. The BBS CH are staggered 9" inch rear 8" front. Ive machine polished and waxed it too.

Things to sort, turbo whines a bit coming down the revs, front bumper I took off now the passenger side wont side flush with the wing, and the plastidip didnt work too well so thinking of going to plateless, badgeless GTi grill set off eBay only around £80 all in posted.

:)

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: My 2006 GT Sport TDi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:00:25 pm »
Great looking car, seems the previous owner took care of it.

I've just had my turbo replaced under warranty as I bought the car from the dealer. Was incredibly difficult though, although Lookers agreed it needed doing, VW themselves tried every angle to reject the claim.

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 11:00:44 pm »
looking good mate

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:11:18 am »
Thanks people. Yeah it had a new intercooler and all hoses before i bought it. Everythings such a logical challenge on it though how it comes apart. Like yesterday went to undo the positive battery terminal to fit amp power cable - the nut half undone, and then got stuck, wouldnt do up, wouldnt undo, had to cut it off ! Everything seems to be held in or held together with flimsy clips aswell lol

Offline J9EVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:33:41 pm »
Looking good dude

Offline J12spk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
  • VW PERVERT
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 03:27:34 pm »
 :happy2: I've got the same problem with bumper on passenger side! I can live with it though!

Das Auto

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 11:36:39 pm »
Ive fixed the bumper, the 3 clips that appear broken are not, i just got a flathead screwdriver and popped the bumper back over the mounting, hard to explain, just need some thicker bolts for the 2 grill ones as they are loose and allowing the bumper to sag under the headlights.

Im going to order the GTi red/honeycombe grills soon, what will these GT Sport ones fetch ? they are grey but black plastidipped.

Cheers

Offline Munzz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 06:26:25 pm »
Which bulbs have you got in the fogs bud, look good!?

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 07:00:43 pm »
Hi mate they are SMD bulbs, and the MK5 bulb type is ' HB4 ' so HB4 SMD foglight bulbs. However ive bought two sets now both supposedly error free but the bulb out light showed up on the dashboard!, second set the guy sent me a set of resistors which worked but the resistor bit got so hot inside the bumper it melted through the undertray! So im waiting for next option now! Bulbs are £10-£15 a pair.

Ive wound the front down some more today 6 and 1/4 inch from strut base to first adjuster to 5 and 3/4 inches. Cool and accurate way to measure it :)

Offline Munzz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:54 pm »
Hi mate they are SMD bulbs, and the MK5 bulb type is ' HB4 ' so HB4 SMD foglight bulbs. However ive bought two sets now both supposedly error free but the bulb out light showed up on the dashboard!, second set the guy sent me a set of resistors which worked but the resistor bit got so hot inside the bumper it melted through the undertray! So im waiting for next option now! Bulbs are £10-£15 a pair.

Ive wound the front down some more today 6 and 1/4 inch from strut base to first adjuster to 5 and 3/4 inches. Cool and accurate way to measure it :)

Cheers for the response, regarding the resistor the exact same thing happened to me and now I have a melted undertray.

I'll keep an eye out to see if you source a solution!

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:38 am »
Ive spoken to the guy who sold me both the bulbs and resistors and he assures me its normal as the resistor is absorbing the extra current so the light out doesnt come up on the dash. This is where you need full vagcom so you can turn down the brightness of the bulbs, my next purchase come payday ! £50 or so on ebay with the cable.

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »
Little update, JOM Gti rep grill turned up, but damaged, although i managed to repair it they are sending me another one out. Trial fitted this one for looks, glued the bonnet filler piece on after trimming it. Not sure if i like it or prefer the GT sport grills?

Im still waiting for the lower honeycombe and fog grills to arrive.

Are the GT sport grills worth anything? I did ask but its been deleted.

Cheers

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »
Prefer the original

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 07:25:23 pm »
Any links for the bulbs and resistors mate??
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:33 pm »
Bulbs search for item number - 221494747937

Resistors are off the same person, item number - 321462983664

Just remember to screw them or tie them out the way of wires and other plastics.