Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth help RNS510 which type  (Read 4982 times)

Offline EVO400

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Bluetooth help RNS510 which type
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:57:36 pm »
Hi all,
Looking for some help on which BT module will fit my 08 golf with high line dash and mfsw.
I have this two modules below available:
5K0 035 630B
7P6 035 730J
I know they are for white style dash, but I want to know if they will fit and what options i have. Tried searching online, but I couldnt find anything related. 

Also, im looking at plug and play looms on ebay, should I be looking at a particular type or are they all the same?

Thanks in advance!

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 67
  • Instagram & YouTube - mateyguv
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69555.0.html
Re: Bluetooth help RNS510 which type
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:11 pm »
I had the same dilemma and got confused with all the different options available so I contacted Eddie-NL through this forum told him what I wanted and he supplied. He made a custom loom for me and it all worked flawlessly. Good price too. Just message him and he will advise you  :happy2:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 01:46:24 pm »
7P6 is the newer one

I have a PNP Loom & mic
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline golfmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 06:46:57 pm »
Have you looked at the FIS-link interface for getting the new BT module to work with red MFD?

Offline andyp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 03:54:24 pm »
What are the benefits with fitting the fis?   As in the same boat regarding Bluetooth etc.

Cheers

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »
Puts the phonebook etc on the highline and not just the rns

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline golfmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 12:41:41 pm »
What are the benefits with fitting the fis?   As in the same boat regarding Bluetooth etc.
Have a look at this FAQ; Bluetooth FAQ for VW Golf, Jetta, JSW

In short, there are four different BT kits available from VW; 9W2, 9W3, 9W7 and 9WZ. The 9W7 - which is what the OP has available - and 9WZ only communicates with newer, white MFD. Using the FIS-link adapter (or any similar interface if that exists) will allow communication with older, red MFD as well. Without access to the 'Telephone' menu on the MFD there is no way to pair the phone and BT kit. The adapter will also solve the well known battery drain issue. If you have a white MDF there is no particular benefit to this.

I have the red MFD, 9WZ BT kit and FIS-link adapter myself, works very well :)

Offline EVO400

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 07:28:06 pm »
7P6 is the newer one

I have a PNP Loom & mic

If I only knew this before.I bought a loom on ebay already.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will hook it all up tomorrow and see how it goes, and which module does what.
I looked at those FIS kit, bloody expensive piece of kit..

PS: Btw,  Can somebody please tell me what module/part no will be fully compatible with my 08 red high line cluster,mfsw,fns?  Ideally with streaming features,etc or whatever the latest unit was?

Thanks

Offline EVO400

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 11:42:34 am »
Update:

Finally I have all wired in and connected. Both modules appear to be 9w7 and I couldn't find any difference when I had both connected?? different part no's I suppose, or can please explain the difference?

No MFD unfortunately, voice control works but only via RNS510 and star button on the fascia. I have the phonebook downloaded, but no sms option on the RNS.

One Question: When i coded everything i noticed in vcds that a default pairing code is 0000. But when I try to pair my phone, my phone connected automatically, no code was asked.
Also sometimes, when i get into my car, bluetooth takes ages to connect, it doesn't appear to be discoverable for ages and theres no menu I can get in to connect manually?

Any ideas or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Offline golfmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:46:23 pm »
Update:

Finally I have all wired in and connected. Both modules appear to be 9w7 and I couldn't find any difference when I had both connected?? different part no's I suppose, or can please explain the difference?

They are interchangeable, but the 7P0 unit is slightly newer. Overview here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting

The difference is likely negligible. Your exact question is answered here: http://vwnavi.com/volkswagen-factory-fit-navigation-systems/rns-510-mfd3-navi-system/bluetooth-telephony/14502-difference-between-5k0-035-730-7p6-035-730-a.html

No MFD unfortunately, voice control works but only via RNS510 and star button on the fascia. I have the phonebook downloaded, but no sms option on the RNS.

Sms only works with 9WZ because your BT kit needs to support the rSAP protocol for that feature.

One Question: When i coded everything i noticed in vcds that a default pairing code is 0000. But when I try to pair my phone, my phone connected automatically, no code was asked.
Also sometimes, when i get into my car, bluetooth takes ages to connect, it doesn't appear to be discoverable for ages and theres no menu I can get in to connect manually?

Any ideas or am I doing something wrong?

The menu is on your MFA which you cannot see because the BT is not compatible. How did you even get the phone paired without going into that menu?

Offline EVO400

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:01 pm »

The menu is on your MFA which you cannot see because the BT is not compatible. How did you even get the phone paired without going into that menu?

I don't know how. It didn't ask for any code which is weird. When I turned the ignition on, my iPhone found the VW PHONE and I just connected to it. I done the very same with my misuses phone. Maybe because module knows theres no MDF so the pairing is not requiring the code?

Thanks for all your replies :happy2:

Offline golfmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 12:30:03 am »
I don't know how. It didn't ask for any code which is weird. When I turned the ignition on, my iPhone found the VW PHONE and I just connected to it. I done the very same with my misuses phone. Maybe because module knows theres no MDF so the pairing is not requiring the code?

In my vehicle you actually need to use the BT kit to find the phone, not the other way around. I just reset it to factory settings yesterday and wasn't asked to type in a code this time. Didn't notice any difference in features from the last time.