Make a donation

Author Topic: TTRS Master Cylinder Upgrade  (Read 9548 times)

Offline toosmiles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92286.0.html
Re: TTRS Master Cylinder Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 12:06:23 am »
Isit really needed atall for the average joe doing the odd trackday? Especially for the cost

The pedal on the AKS brake kit feels amazing even on the oem MC

The thinking Behind it for me is for the pistons and pads to be able to release quicker (I think due to less back pressure?) meaning less unnecessary wear.
Also that Dave B advises that the oem MC is slightly 'underpowered' for the total surface area of the pistons.

I drove a car recently with the MC upgrade and the pedal was definitely firmer but it wasn't my car to put the setup to the test

I do keep changing my mind about it.  Do or die in September  :scared: lol
when in september you at alex's mike?
ill be down there hopefully on the 18th
Golf R mk6 R-tech tuned GTX3071r

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 06:30:34 am »
The reason why it's not a high profile mod is that if people get this wrong then its a sure fire way of finding yourself in a ditch..

There's a few different servo part numbers which have been proven to work and some which will affect the balancing valve on the MC which will DEFINETELY affect the braking I the car in an adverse way

So if somebody wants to upgrade then there's a process of chassis number/check/ supply for all the right reasons

The adaption plumbing is not an OEM part it's made by me (and Alex now) and its very unlikely that he or me will supply you a pipe on its own as they're a pain the arse to make and in some way if your chassis number hadn't been checked we'd be facilitating an unsafe state and who wants to do that???

Such is the nature of modding/Internet/forums there would be a good chance of the wrong part numbers being distributed as good when in fact they would be bad and people getting hurt

Its a worthwhile mod IMHO, the analogy being if you had a target BHP figure for your engine and say you wanted to make 250BHP would you do it with a KO3 or a KO4?

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:01 am »
Isit really needed atall for the average joe doing the odd trackday? Especially for the cost

The pedal on the AKS brake kit feels amazing even on the oem MC

The thinking Behind it for me is for the pistons and pads to be able to release quicker (I think due to less back pressure?) meaning less unnecessary wear.
Also that Dave B advises that the oem MC is slightly 'underpowered' for the total surface area of the pistons.

I drove a car recently with the MC upgrade and the pedal was definitely firmer but it wasn't my car to put the setup to the test

I do keep changing my mind about it.  Do or die in September  :scared: lol
when in september you at alex's mike?
ill be down there hopefully on the 18th

I go away on the 29th so sometime before that when I get a minute  :happy2:

Offline audiman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:00 pm »
I have stock MC on my ed30 running TTRS front brakes. My pedal is insane, you just have to touch it and the car slows down. After reading the forums I was nervous about changing to the 4 pots but the pedal is great. Might be a different story with the RS4/Lamborghini caliper setup tho as the piston area is quite a bit more
Mk5 GTi ED30 - 360ps
B7 RS4 supercharged - 650ps
Mk2 GTi 4motion 1.8T - 450ps

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 08:41:33 am »
I have stock MC on my ed30 running TTRS front brakes. My pedal is insane, you just have to touch it and the car slows down. After reading the forums I was nervous about changing to the 4 pots but the pedal is great. Might be a different story with the RS4/Lamborghini caliper setup tho as the piston area is quite a bit more

Piston area on the 8 pots is actually slightly less than the TTRS calipers.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ru1tfegm225blb3as7701lieeq&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:14 pm »
Is there a list of caliper piston sizes anywhere?