Make a donation

Author Topic: German efficiency.  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
German efficiency.
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:01:44 am »
Doesn't exist in my experience. Not this week anyway.

Ordered something from a German seller last Wednesday, paid in full. Then sit and wait....

Friday morning I get an email providing me with DHL tracking details, so I checked to see and the parcel had been logged onto the tracking system electronically. Later that day it changed to the parcel had been posted by the sender at the depot. Friday evening updated to the parcel had been processed.

Saturday morning the parcel had moved to another town where it had again been processed inwards. Also, it had now been labeled as an international parcel.

Monday morning, the parcel had been processed in the outward department of the depot.

Wednesday morning it received another processing, despite not having moved for two days.

Thursday afternoon it moved to Koln and got processed. Then magically at the same time it appeared in Hagen where it was also processed. It was also noted that it was heading for the destination country. So 8 days from payment and it hadn't even got on a plane yet.

Thursday evening it was noted that my parcel had arrived in the destination country and I was given tracking details fro Parcel Force who would take over the delivery. then 2 minutes later it was noted that it had left the import centre and was on its way somewhere. Tracking stopped by DHL, Parcel Force take over.

Friday morning at 3.00am it was received and processed in Parcel Force north west depot. Then at 6.18am it was received at my local depot. 6.19am it was loaded onto a vehicle. 7.05 am it departed from the depot out for delivery....

Bloody marvelous.

Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: German efficiency.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:59:02 am »
And delivered at 10.38 this morning.  :jumping:

So, 7 days for DHL to get it round their country and find a plane to put it on, and 7 hours for Parcel Force to deliver it when they got hold of it.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dtb9lerjlekvktkj7lagi1th7p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »
Thats a joke.... Ive had things come from china in half the time!

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:23:18 pm »
I've had shorter holidays on the Continent. I could've driven to Koln and picked it up in a day or so.

Offline JIEEE

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 06:29:06 pm »
Surprised by dhl!

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:21:33 pm »
Surprised by dhl!
I'm not! They are useless. Only UPS are worse, from my experience.

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:12:40 pm »
it may have something to do with the service the sender used...

we use UPS at work, in 6+years of sending 15+ shipments a day, only one gone wrong (somehow managed to lose 200kg of nuts!)

MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Shoy1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 18
Re:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »
UPS is great, DHL is pants. Not that I work for UPS or anything ;-)

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 07:36:53 pm »
Just doing a delivery via UPS to Poland. Dropped the parcel off at a UPS collection point today at 11.30am, it's been collected and sent to the local depot and scanned in. It's then had a departure scan this evening.

Will update as it travels.

Offline Alzak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Re: Re: German efficiency.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 07:53:43 pm »
Just doing a delivery via UPS to Poland. Dropped the parcel off at a UPS collection point today at 11.30am, it's been collected and sent to the local depot and scanned in. It's then had a departure scan this evening.

Will update as it travels.
DPD is the best company for delivery to Poland last time took them 4 days to delivery bike for my cousin and it was £16 for up to 25kg.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:03 pm »
I've tried DPD before, but their policy is account holders only. They use Interlink as their non account arm for delivery, but they charge a lot more than UPS. Nearly twice as much.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:15 am »
Judging by the online tracking, it's been collected from the drop off point yesterday and went to Sedgefield, it left Sedgefield at 8.30pm and arrived in Tamworth ay 11.47pm, left Tamworth at 1.30am and arrived in Barking at 4.07am. Then it left Barking at 7.03am. On its way out of the country.  :laugh:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 11:13:14 am »
Never really understood courier companies at the best of times...

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »
Been quicker to collected it your self :grin:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 06:03:00 pm »
Herne-Boernig - Germany, arrival scan 5.48pm.  :laugh:

Only a 6 hour drive away from destination, in only one day. It's got further in that one day that the other parcel managed in 8 days.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:07:35 pm by Viking »