Make a donation

Author Topic: Vw have had me over  (Read 8343 times)

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Re: Vw have had me over
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 11:11:26 am »
You drive it there then!

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:16:56 am »
They're going to fix it for free either way, with no inconvenience to yourself at all. The least you can do is let them take the bloody thing to the workshop so that they can do the job.  :rolleye:
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 11:22:53 am »
Quote from: Mk5jake link=topic=87114.msg889804#msg889804 date

=1407751022
Right an update, the dealer I got the car from has agreed to pay for a new steering rack if it's been caused by accident damage, of if it's a falty item it will get replaced under warrenty, so that's that part sorted out, they are sending someone all the way down here to collect the car to drive it back to Coventry which I am NOT happy about as I don't Trust someone driving my car all that way, they could thrash the thing all the way back to Coventry and they will put un needed milage on my car, not to mention stone chips etc  :fighting:

tell them to recover it or if you have brake down cover get themto take it

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 12:09:44 pm »
This is a good case for buying cars locally..
Although a dealer 15miles away refused to return the car after a cambelt change, as the tyres were on the limit (not illegal), and they had a duty of care for their driver, so I had to let them fit 2new tyres before their driver would drive it back to me    :rolleye:
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:22 pm »
You drive it there then!

Unfortunately I have been inconvenienced enough as it is, I've missed a day of work as they promised me a hire car this morning but there was nothing there for me, I'm also not taking more of my time and money driving the car 3 hours away from where I live to get it fixed when it's there problem as it's been sold to me this way !

The car has been sold to me unfit for purpose so I'm refusing to drive it because I've been told legally if I do then i don't stand a chance of claiming from vw !

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »
You don't want to drive it, you don't want them to drive it. Not gonna get fixed is it. :stupid:

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 02:50:14 pm »
You don't want to drive it, you don't want them to drive it. Not gonna get fixed is it. :stupid:

I can see where he's coming from though, there's plenty of horror stories out there of dealers damaging customer cars, I'd be asking them to send a truck and if that is not an option, I would go through a thorough check sheet and note any or even lack of any marks on the car before they drive it away.

Got to compromise somewhere and just be smarter about it.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 03:42:44 pm »
Thing is, they don't just send a gorilla to repo the car and trolley it back to the garage asap. Usually, the guy comes down with a loan car, does a walk round with the customer of the car he's leaving, and also with the car he's collecting. Both people have the opportunity to check over both cars and make a note of the condition. At that point the customer says to the bloke "I've checked the mileage, and I've made a note of the fuel in the tank. I don't expect any speeding tickets through the post while it's on its way back to you or the return journey."

Bloke then gets in the car and drives it away to be repaired, and then when it returns they both do an appraisal of the two cars again. To be honest, I'm not particularly happy letting anyone else loose behind the wheel of my motor, but if it has to go to be repaired at someone elses expense I'm fully aware that at some point they might have to drive the bloody thing.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 04:18:02 pm »
Couldn't agree with you more, As I said there has to be a compromise, and just be smart about it and do your checks as you have mentioned.

I'll tell you a quick story, a friend of mine who has a 2009 530d had DPF issues, sent it to BMW and the technicians had a look over it. Next day they ring up and said the car is fine and just needed a re-gen. My friend had already mentioned that it doesn't re-gen as it should before it went in, so obviously he was surprised they managed to do it.
What they didn't know is the car has a tracker fitted which he had set so that if the car went over 100mph it sent him an email. BMW said the technician took the car on the motorway, and explained where and what distance etc. He then checked his email and seen over approx 20 miles, the technician caused a number emails to be sent over due to exceeding the set limit.
When he went back to collect the car he had right go at them, showed them the tracker logs and asked whether did BMW designs the DPF to re gen at those speeds? A very worried looking manager therefore authorized a Brand new DPF to ensure it was taken no further!

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »
Remember this vid?

Bloke had his Monaro in for a service and the road test was at 125mph.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 04:54:13 pm »
Mandy had an issue with her Golf R being driven . They didn't tell her thats what they were going to do , think it was only driven back though . They can deliver a loan car on a flatback and put you car on the back , i would insist on it . Especially as there is a problem with the steering rack , what if it breaks completely on the way up to Coventry and be certain that an ED35 won't be driven at 65 mph there an back !
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »
Remember this vid?

Bloke had his Monaro in for a service and the road test was at 125mph.

Well my mates was'nt as technical as this, that is pretty good though, if I had something worth keeping an eye on when others drive it, I'd have one!

Saying that, I've been thinking of installing a gopro as recently have all sorts of people pull out in front me and I've just missed them, and the last time I made had a accident in 2008 it was such a palaver even though I was shunted from behind whilst waiting at a red light  :stupid:

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »

Hire the stig?  :signLOL:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 10:45:29 pm »
Mandy had an issue with her Golf R being driven . They didn't tell her thats what they were going to do , think it was only driven back though . They can deliver a loan car on a flatback and put you car on the back , i would insist on it . Especially as there is a problem with the steering rack , what if it breaks completely on the way up to Coventry and be certain that an ED35 won't be driven at 65 mph there an back !

Too damn right, I told them I didn't want the car driven 200 miles to them so they came down in a flat back with mk7 GTD on board and took mine... Horrified to see them driving the car back without my authorisation, really wasn't impressed (driver couldn't get away quick enough lol :laugh:). I got it sorted to a satisfactory level though in the end. :rolleye:

OP, have you informed VW UK of your situation so far, might be worth just contacting them so they can log the case onto  their database.
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:11 am »
Little update, vw have no records that my car was rapaired by an approved vw bodyshop and that it must have been rapaired through the previous owners insurence.

Im I right in saying that vw couldn't sell a car as an approved used if the car wasent rapaired by an approved vw bodyshop ?

There also saying that they can't find nothing wrong with the car, but they have had it since Monday and I'm only just getting it back today, I have a slight suspicion that they might have realised the car was wrongly sold to me replaced the steering rack on the sly and tell me thers nothing wrong with it, so I'm going to have a look to see if anything has been replaced .

Thanks

Jake