Make a donation

Author Topic: Roll Bar / WALK Upgrade  (Read 766 times)

Offline motogp46

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Roll Bar / WALK Upgrade
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:56:31 am »
Hi

Apologies for the repeated topic but I'm looking to dial out some of the body roll especially now having gone to Stage 1 and looking at stage 2. I've looked at previous threads but before I make the final purchase could someone comment on whether I'd benefit from both back and front roll bars and a WALK system, or just rear and WALK? Also, seen the thread in this area on bushes and would these be a good upgrade too given the ARB/Walk? I wont be doing track days but find the back a bit 'wafty'.

Looking at:
H&R front and rear 26mm/22mm set up
WALK
Bushes: http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/tt-uprated-wishbone-console-bushes-for-golf-mk5-platform.html

Thanks, Richard

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Roll Bar / WALK Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:56 am »
H&r 28/24 and walk.. Bushes are a good mod but can get expensive.. Good tyres are more important
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:53:18 am »
H&r 28/24 and walk.. Bushes are a good mod but can get expensive.. Good tyres are more important

^^^^^ As above - The H&R 28/24mm is an awesome set up combined with an anti lift kit. I would go with SuperPro A.L.K over Whiteline A.L.K thought  :happy2:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:06 pm »
I'm selling some PowerFlex black series polybushes soon, come complete in the consoles too.

I had a SuperPro ALK and took it off in favour of the black series bushes, a lot more solid than the SuperPro so give an even more positive feeling to the steering.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »
I'm selling some PowerFlex black series polybushes soon, come complete in the consoles too.

I had a SuperPro ALK and took it off in favour of the black series bushes, a lot more solid than the SuperPro so give an even more positive feeling to the steering.

The SuperPro are pretty solid mate, I would only use Black Series if i did a lot of track days
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:56 pm »

The SuperPro are pretty solid mate, I would only use Black Series if i did a lot of track days

Or a quick road car.

I've had both and preferred the black, the ride wasn't any harsher but steering felt nicer.

Thought it would be worth saying seeing as I've had both.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:32:16 pm »
Lowering springs will help to stop the nose rising under acceleration and dive under braking. A sensible 35mm drop won't cause any scraping (even with a full load) and will improve the looks of the car  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline motogp46

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 04:17:57 pm »
OK thanks buys. Next task is to source cheapest supplier as prices seem to differ quite a bit. Awesomegti are looking good though for both.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 06:22:18 pm »
Deff get the H&R arbs...stops the roll when cornering...if u Havant done the spring,then get some H&R lowering spring..
I've had arbs & springs & Salk on my Eddie,I was sooo impressed that I did the same setup on my golfR

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map