Make a donation

Author Topic: Which Pressure Washers do you use?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Which Pressure Washers do you use?
« on: October 31, 2009, 12:14:35 am »
Well I was in B&Q today with my bruv and we had a good look at the pressure washers and decided we were gonna buy a decent one to share (me for the car and him for his patio/paths). There were quite a few on offer, but one especially got me all excited..... It was a Bosch Aquatak 150 Pro X and had been reduced from £399 to £230. It was massive yet compact (if that makes any sense)
It had 2x 1.5L soap tanks built in, and the quality looked really good. Would this sort be ok with the snow foam? or do I simply need to buy a cheap jet wash and a good snow foam attachment for the lance?

I really was ready to buy today, but I thought I would ask what everyone else uses first.  R-kid was not wanting to spend more than £50each. :confused: so I may end up buying my own.

This is a link to the Bosch 150 Pro x.

http://www.bosch-pt.co.uk/boptocs2-uk/Product.jsp;jsessionid=FA587FA2D2C658F99C501228E36083D4.s038?country=GB&lang=en&division=aw&ccat_id=139785&object_id=9310

I really would love the snow effect when washing my car, but I will never get it with a bucket of water/shampoo.

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Which Pressure Washers do you use?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:44:31 am »
I've actually stopped using my Karcher, I get good enough water pressure off my garden hose to wash the car.  I do miss the foam though!

Personally I think thats way too much, even AutoPerfections one wasn't that big.  My Karcher was £80 a few years back and the snow foam lances are £50. 
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:51:07 am »
I have one of these as do Autoperfection (as recommended by them  :happy2:)

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Productcustom.asp?ID=4576

Karcher 6.75

I bought mine from Halfords, they price matched it with Argos at £249.00 complete with the attachments. Very pleased with it.

I then bought the Snow Foam lance from Jim at Autoprefection. Checkout the group buy for the lance.

Cheers,

Wayne

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 05:52:03 am »
I've actually stopped using my Karcher, I get good enough water pressure off my garden hose to wash the car.  I do miss the foam though!

Personally I think thats way too much, even AutoPerfections one wasn't that big.  My Karcher was £80 a few years back and the snow foam lances are £50.  

As tom, have used my snowfoam lance twice.  Also had a cheap Karcher.  Looking to move the snow foam attachment on, it fits all Karchers.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:07:28 am »

As tom, have used my snowfoam lance twice.  Also had a cheap Karcher.  Looking to move the snow foam attachment on, it fits all Karchers.

Might be interested in the snow foam attachment  :wink: Do they attach to all Karchers? Also for cleaning the car is it best to just get a little Karcher? Also should I be getting one with just a lance? Doubt I'll ever use the other attachments.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 10:10:32 am by monte »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01:21 pm »
At the mo, I've been using my dad's old Karcher pressure washer. The thing's really small (maybe the size of a small portable cd/radio player) but still works really well. I bought the small snow foam attachment for karcher and it worked well and will be fine until I move and will need my own.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.