Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheel Brushes....  (Read 7819 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Wheel Brushes....
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 07:38:34 pm »
ohhh dam fine! :congrats:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 08:03:03 pm »
nice :rolleye:

veedub18

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 09:26:24 pm »
if there zaino'd robin, you shouldnt probably need to use any wheel cleaners for a good 3 months.

And when it comes to wheel cleaners, i wouldn't urgently recomend wheel brightener. Its some serious chemical kit. it contains amonia too i think. Its been known to make centre caps cloudy/milky. Its got a Pretty Low PH Value (quick chemistry lesson. Ph scale = 1(acidic) to 14 (alkaline) )

it went thru spray heads like no tomorrow when i was using it a few years ago.

Its nasty stuff and i dont really use it at all anymore, if you were to use it, be careful, watch out for gusts of wind and WEAR gloves!

I use bilberry now which is an acid free cleaner and there has been very very very few alloy wheels that it couldnt cope with (and those very very few were probably due to a crap wheel refurb job)

HTH

Jay

I've used Wheel Brightener for  quite a few years now on Audi/VW and BMW wheels, never seen any cloudy centre caps, nor seen or heard of any problems from friends that use it. It is powerful, I agree with that, but watered down 10:1 you get a lot of cleaning fluid for your money.
The old Megs spray heads are rubbish JPC, if that was what you were using I'm not surprised you went through a lot. I bought a 99p B&Q garden sprayer about 18 months ago, and I still use it every time I do my wheels and it works perfectly.

Funny how Bilberry can clean wheels without (supposedly) being Acidic/Alkaline?  What does it use then, harsh language?  :laugh:

I bought a 5L container of Bilberry, and was quite disapointed to be honest after reading some reviews of it. It smelt bad, really chemically and even neat had trouble cleaning a months worth of brake dust. Even when I left it to "dwell" as instructed, it just didnt do the job for me. I haven't got all day to stand around waiting for a product to do its stuff, I apply WB and 30 secs later rinse it off and hey ho - clean wheels. Bilberry is no better than Tesco's Daisy IMO.

I gave the tub away to a work colleague, he was also disapointed with it and asked me to loan him some WB until his turned up in the post.
 :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 10:15:26 pm »

I bought a 5L container of Bilberry, and was quite disapointed to be honest after reading some reviews of it. It smelt bad, really chemically and even neat had trouble cleaning a months worth of brake dust.

.... :surprised: Even I, who am not well known for detailing my car, would never leave brake dust on my wheels for longer than a week! I wash my wheels even if not the rest of the car.

Hence why I don't think I need anything strong.

I see some nice cars with a disgusting state of alloys - I don't understand their owners.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 10:58:17 pm »
I agree if the wheels have never been cleaned or cared for previously, you might need a stronger cleaner but my rims have been washed, clayed, and sealed with poorboys wheel sealant, so bilberry is enough for them. However, it's now been two months since they were last cleaned and they are absolutely filthy. Will be interesting to see how bilberry stands up to that.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 11:42:09 pm »
I agree if the wheels have never been cleaned or cared for previously, you might need a stronger cleaner but my rims have been washed, clayed, and sealed with poorboys wheel sealant, so bilberry is enough for them. However, it's now been two months since they were last cleaned and they are absolutely filthy. Will be interesting to see how bilberry stands up to that.

it will be fine matey! :)

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 08:47:29 am »
and the tip on the megs one has been known to fall off, exposing metal, so just be careful.

:sad: bugger , just happened to me and I have scratched the misses wheel with it  :fighting: , at least it wasnt the edition 30  :wink:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 03:26:59 pm »

and the tip on the megs one has been known to fall off, exposing metal, so just be careful.

:sad: bugger , just happened to me and I have scratched the misses wheel with it

....Is there any precaution one can take to solve your end dropping off before it does so randomly (and 'scratches' your missus)? [I'm sure she won't complain if she's got an itch]

Such as remove it and stick it back on more permanently?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 03:30:07 pm »
Robin, you cant seem to fail on turning anything dirty!  :signLOL:

The brush John was referring to was the megs brush. You bought the EZ one right?

It can happen on the EZ but ive not heard of this happening a lot, you should be fine

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 03:42:00 pm »

....Only because I'm desperate and depraved! Well, just dirty and depraved.

Yep, I'm getting an EZ Mini version.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 03:46:54 pm »
I would if I could but I appear to have lost the tip ! :sad:  :chicken:
soooo......

Order Inventory:
Product: Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (1 litre)
Product Code: VALB7

Product: EZ Detail Brush - Mini
Product Code: EZ-small

Product: Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer
Product Code: MEGF18
 :happy2:

the misses is desperate to get her hands around my EZ-small already  :evilgrin:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 03:48:44 pm »

....Only because I'm desperate and depraved! Well, just dirty and depraved.

Yep, I'm getting an EZ Mini version.

:signLOL: