Make a donation

Author Topic: Quick Detailer Sprays  (Read 7261 times)

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
Re: Quick Detailer Sprays
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 05:37:07 pm »

Hard work on a black car Stealth!!

Talking to the Autoperfection guys at ED38 they weren't overly impressed either!
[/quote]

Urm... you mean "Autoperfection guy and girl" - right?!?! :chicken:

This one's a tricky one because we have to agree with a lot of you who have found it hard work... it is a difficult product to use and completely agree with it being a bit of a contradiction in terms whereby it's a "Quick Detailer" that takes a reasonable amount of time to get right... however, having said all that - if you have got time to use the product and get it completey buffed off, it does give an excellent result and definitely adds a bit more shine.

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 09:00:30 pm »
 :P

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 11:43:44 pm »
My favourite QD spray is Clearkote Quikshine. Not cheap but I find it leaves a wetter finish than any of the Megs QD range.
I'm also on my 3rd bottle of Red Mist. I've gone for the tropical version this time as I found the 'normal' version solvents flashed off a bit quick in the hot summer sunshine.
Red mist gives me 3 weeks visible durability on my daily driver even in winter conditions. I find Red Mist leaves a deeper wetter finish that the Zaino equivelent Z8.

As previously said, it's important not to confuse spray sealants like Red Mist with QD's. If you try to use Red mist on anything other than a perfectly clean and dry surface you will probably end up with a smeary mess - plus seal in any dust / dirt into your paint. Used properly, it can really add a 'something' to even a recently waxed car, although I tend to use it to extend the life of my LSP after say 2-3 months when I should possibly be considering stripping, prepping and reapplying fresh wax.

I have used a QD to remove dust on my cars but only very light garage dust - the thin dust I might find say 3 days after washing a car and garaging it without use. Definitely wouldn't use QD to remove anything heavier for the risk of marring the paint.
I usually just use QD after drying the car to leave a nice slick finish.  :happy2:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 10:32:29 am »
What about Demon Shine at Halfords? Is this stuff as poo as it sounds or is it a decent QD? Its on offer at Halfords at the mo. All Carplan cleaning products are 3for2.
1L spray bottles are £6.99
5L bottles are £9.99

So basically you can get 3L in spray bottles for £14 or 15L in big bottles (no spray) for £20. Great value......if it works :ashamed:

Link to 1L spray...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_556681_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Link to 5L bottle...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_556669_langId_-1_categoryId_165527
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:34:55 am by monte »

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 10:51:43 pm »
I have used it once, its still sitting in the garage somewhere. tells a story.

A few Questions for you guys? I have a new detailing spray coming out, so
what would make you move from your current one?
What do you look for in your detailing spray?
Would you prefer 500ml or 1L?

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 05:25:17 pm »
I have used it once, its still sitting in the garage somewhere. tells a story.

A few Questions for you guys? I have a new detailing spray coming out, so
what would make you move from your current one?
What do you look for in your detailing spray?
Would you prefer 500ml or 1L?

The one thing i love changing is detailing sprays! I always get a different one, they all do what they say on the tin anyway.

The only one i have bought a few times is the clearkote and poorboys spray and gloss. Both superb to use with a drying towel to dry down the car!

The net under the parcel shelf always has a bottle of detailer spray in it  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 09:07:55 am »

As previously said, it's important not to confuse spray sealants like Red Mist with QD's. If you try to use Red mist on anything other than a perfectly clean and dry surface you will probably end up with a smeary mess - plus seal in any dust / dirt into your paint. Used properly, it can really add a 'something' to even a recently waxed car, although I tend to use it to extend the life of my LSP after say 2-3 months when I should possibly be considering stripping, prepping and reapplying fresh wax.

....I've heard that about Red Mist before and it's been stopping me from using it so far. It sounds as if it's a bit too dodgy for someone like me to use - My car has 3 coats of Zaino but probably isn't perfect. I bought some from Autoperfection but haven't used it yet - Anyone want to buy my 500ml bottle cheap or should I try it?

IIRC, naughty Taryn sold it to me as a QD.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 11:30:56 am »

....I've heard that about Red Mist before and it's been stopping me from using it so far. It sounds as if it's a bit too dodgy for someone like me to use - My car has 3 coats of Zaino but probably isn't perfect. I bought some from Autoperfection but haven't used it yet - Anyone want to buy my 500ml bottle cheap or should I try it?

IIRC, naughty Taryn sold it to me as a QD.

I agree with what Tarmac_Terrorist Says - however red mist is sold and marketed as a quick detailer with protection, Dodo say its the mother of all Quick Detailers - on the back of the bottle!! So Taryn wasnt naughty as this is how dodo market the product.
I dont think this is out and out a spray sealant such as Zanio its more of a hybrid between the two. The smeary mess refered to is the agressive solvent in Redmist simply having a melting effect on any product underneath and moving it around causing smearing of product.
I do however agree that it can add a certain something but it can be a pain to use sometimes especially when it seems to have more incompatability with certain products more than others.
just my two pence
Jim

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 12:25:38 pm »
^^^^
Don't worry, Jim - No problem with Taryn whatsoever from me - I've absolutely no doubt she offered it to me in good faith. I've anyway now found a new home for my never used bottle of Red Mist with someone who already uses it.

Good to hear your input here on the subject  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 12:35:44 pm »
^^^^
Don't worry, Jim - No problem with Taryn whatsoever from me - I've absolutely no doubt she offered it to me in good faith. I've anyway now found a new home for my never used bottle of Red Mist with someone who already uses it.

No problems thought, glad you have found it a new home :smiley:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:04 pm »
^^^^

Red Mist is for life - Not just for christmas!!!!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 03:07:28 pm »
^^^^

Red Mist is for life - Not just for christmas!!!!

Not in my house it isn't!

I have a bottle with a tiny bit used if anyone wants to offer me some beer tokens for it?  :happy2: